Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The small human is not happy with no baseball...

Comment

Our orgs have shut it down till 3/28 for now, and school will be online only till April 6th, for now.

This is all so stupid. My wife's job just allowed her to start working from home, I can't imagine what other people are doing with thier kids right now. I'm a school resource officer and there is no doubt that a bunch of my elementary aged kids are home alone through the week.

Comment

It isn’t organized but kid throws about 2 bullpens a week. Long throws a couple times a week and hits the weights. Hope all this blows over and the kids can have some organized competition soon.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry turned out sideways for some reason

Comment

Glen,

sorry that his senior year has turned out the way it has. Hopefully, keeping in throwing shape, he'll be ready for college ball.

All high school seniors were robbed this year.

Comment

Yep. Be hard on incoming freshmen as there will be a lot of holdover arms. He told me today he doesn’t want to get shirted and not pitch for 2 years. It is what it is. If he works they will throw him up there. It will be real hard for him in Fall as a 17 yr old

Comment

With a baseball and softball player, I just keep asking if they could find a different spot in the hard to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to hear that, Glen. All they can do is keep fighting, and keep working.

Mine is super bummed about not being able to play too. He really liked his new team, and they all love him. They are a real good bunch of kids and parents, we were all excited. I hope they get to play some before it's over. I've always drawn a hard line against fall ball, but my wife mentioned it the other day, and given the chance we are IN!

I always tell him/them to never quit fighting in a tournament, or in a game...no matter what. I told him the same thing today....then we hit and worked for an hour and a half.

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

He saw the baseball cards in the attic today, so I just drug them down for him to look at tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Yep. Be hard on incoming freshmen as there will be a lot of holdover arms. He told me today he doesn’t want to get shirted and not pitch for 2 years. It is what it is. If he works they will throw him up there. It will be real hard for him in Fall as a 17 yr old
                      Will Juco's also be able to hold kids over? The more guys I talk to with older kids the more it seems like juco is the way to go if you don't want to sit out as a freshman. They play a ton of baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        He saw the baseball cards in the attic today, so I just drug them down for him to look at tomorrow.

That Bo Beckett is my favorite, I have the #1 issue of the basketball Beckett too with Jordan on it. I would have stuff scattered all over the house if I dug all that out

Comment

House. It really is an individual decision. I’ll support the young man and his path. It was hard to do because as a parent you can’t help but try to push them a certain direction. I finally just had to sit back and let him make his own choices. And from my understanding this year will not go against any eligibility so JUCOs will have kids that are in their 3rd year of college training. I also could be wrong but they are easing up on the scholarship amount to carry the xtra kids

Comment

My HS sophomore has switched back to off-season gains mode. At this point, I don't see any reason to keep an arm in compete mode when there won't be any baseball until June at the earliest. He is lifting, sprinting and doing agility work 6 days a week. When we get an idea of when things might start again we will take the time to ramp his arm back up. I figure the best thing he can do right now is put on 5-10 lbs of muscle and get stronger and faster.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                              My HS sophomore has switched back to off-season gains mode. At this point, I don't see any reason to keep an arm in compete mode when there won't be any baseball until June at the earliest. He is lifting, sprinting and doing agility work 6 days a week. When we get an idea of when things might start again we will take the time to ramp his arm back up. I figure the best thing he can do right now is put on 5-10 lbs of muscle and get stronger and faster.
                              Yes sir.

Not sure if they are still doing it but thehittingvault.com was running an 8 week strength plan for $1. I signed up for it And started it yesterday with Brock. It's running and bodyweight exercises with a focus on core and balance it looks like.

Not sure if they made a mistake or what but I also have access to the swingfit elite program that includes weights and lifts... we will mix in a few of these as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                Yes sir.

Not sure if they are still doing it but thehittingvault.com was running an 8 week strength plan for $1. I signed up for it And started it yesterday with Brock. It's running and bodyweight exercises with a focus on core and balance it looks like.

Not sure if they made a mistake or what but I also have access to the swingfit elite program that includes weights and lifts... we will mix in a few of these as well...
                                My son gets his programming from Cressey Sports Performance. We did his first assessment and initial training at the Massachusetts location last August with Eric and then did a follow up in January at the Florida location to get an in season program for the spring. His off season program is a mix of heavy lifting, body weight, stretching, speed and agility spread over a 6 day week with a focus on arm and shoulder health for overhand throwers.

Comment

Working...
                                X