X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the eliminator system better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I had the plastic collar break on the feeder plate of my Spin Tech mechanism. I went by their place of business to buy the little plastic part. They either don't have them or won't sell them. It's either warranty or they want to sell you a whole new unit. Why should I pay roughly $40 for a new unit when you could sell me the little plastic acme threaded part? It probably costs fifty cents to make. I'd gladly pay you $5 for one. I like and have had good luck with their product. Just ticks me off that they don't sell parts.

I'm thinking about switching to the Eliminator. Anybody have any reviews on how they hold up on road feeders? I'm thinking the dust and mud would seize those links.

Might be a business opportunity for someone with a 3D printer to make those little plastic parts.
      So where is Spin Tech located? I may know of them. There is a company that has been around for a while, that in the past two years or so, moved not far from me. I think it may be Spin Tech, but I could be wrong. The woman that seemed to claim it was her place, told me the story of the operation.

Comment

There’s a location in south San Antonio. Not sure of others but I’m fairly certain they have several.

Comment

Back in 2009 I bought 2 of SpinTech's conversion kits for my feeders (~$100 total). They didn't fit my motors as advertised and when I went to return them a couple of days later they refused saying all sales were final. Told me everything I needed to know about that company.

Bought eliminator spinner plates for my Hang Em High feeders 7 years ago and they work as good today as they did when I bought them new.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had 2 ST and 1 Elimanator all bought 3 seasons ago. Only one still going is the Eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              I have been hunting a feeder withthe Eliminator plate for about 6-7 years with only one issue. About years ago the plate wasnt retracting correctly and I took it off, disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it and put it back in operation. I used powdered graphite lock lube and it is still going strong.
              No need to take off. Spray with brake cleaner and cycle it a few times while spraying. Then cycle to dry. Then spray with dry lube and cycle one more time while spraying. I do all mine once per year. Have several and have never replaced or had a repair.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

That plastic part is why I wont use the ST. Eliminator plates is all we use. Hit with a squirt of silicone or grafite spray once or twice a year and your good to go.

Comment

Send me the part and I'll make you one out of aluminum. To help a brother out.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I had the plastic collar break on the feeder plate of my Spin Tech mechanism. I went by their place of business to buy the little plastic part. They either don't have them or won't sell them. It's either warranty or they want to sell you a whole new unit. Why should I pay roughly $40 for a new unit when you could sell me the little plastic acme threaded part? It probably costs fifty cents to make. I'd gladly pay you $5 for one. I like and have had good luck with their product. Just ticks me off that they don't sell parts.

I'm thinking about switching to the Eliminator. Anybody have any reviews on how they hold up on road feeders? I'm thinking the dust and mud would seize those links.

Might be a business opportunity for someone with a 3D printer to make those little plastic parts.
                    My eliminator is about 10 years old and still going strong. Best spinner I ever had bar none. Saves tons of corn.

Comment

if I have to replace an eliminator plate once a year on every feeder I have, I'll still be money ahead compared to the losses from birds and coons. it's a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Send me the part and I'll make you one out of aluminum. To help a brother out.
                        I really appreciate the offer. I’ve got the equipment to make one but am going to switch everything to the Eliminator as they break.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                          No need to take off. Spray with brake cleaner and cycle it a few times while spraying. Then cycle to dry. Then spray with dry lube and cycle one more time while spraying. I do all mine once per year. Have several and have never replaced or had a repair.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                          Thanks brother--I'll file this one away for the next time I need it.

Comment

When we bought our 5 feeders on our lease, they were all equipped with ST spinners. I liked them originally, but then after about a year of use, the metal vertical ear on the throw plates started breaking off. I assumed it was coons pulling on them, so we built even more heavy duty and larger baskets. ST was kind enough to replace about three throw plates under warranty. Well, a few months later, I noticed that the ears on the other feeders plus the new throw plates would start breaking off one by one. Weirdest thing I ever saw. There is no way any varmint could have been messing with them. I talked to the owner again, and this time he basically thought I was stupid and was pretty rude about it. I explained that it was happening on multiple feeders and he just blew me off saying that there is no way.

So needless to say, as the ears keep breaking off, I am slowly replacing them with eliminators and haven't had one issue with them over the last few years.

To this day, I cannot figure out what is breaking the ears off. Since they are bent at 90 degrees, I could see hairline cracks in the aluminum where the bend occurs. Slowly the cracks would work towards the center of the plate, causing the ear to eventually break off.

Comment

Working...
                            X