No announcement yet.

Iranian woman speaks the truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting and enlightening post. Clark mentions living in Tehran in 1976. In 1976 I was a senior at A&M. Had a guy in my outfit from Tehran. He was American but his family lived there for his Dad's work. He had nothing but good things to say about Tehran and the Iranian people. I also recall having four young Iranians in the Corps. I don't remember what outfit they were in but do remember each of them had already been commissioned as Ensigns in the Iranian navy. They were sent to A&M for college and were in a Marine/Navy outfit, probably H-1 or N-1. I often wonder what happened to those guys when they went home.
    Clark also said he doubted if the Iranian-American relationship could ever be mended. I can't tell the future, but I surely hope so. Time has a way of healing old wounds. My Dad had a lot of animosity toward the Japanese. He fought them in the Pacific in WWII. Not good times to say the least. Many years later I knew he had forgiven the Japanese people. He actually bought at Toyota. That is something I figured he could never ever do but he did.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      What I'm getting at here and I assume you do but you have never made it crystal clear on this forum. You do condemn their ideology?
      GG I can attest from personal knowledge of ATI he disagrees with the current regimes ideology.

I also know 2 Iranian bro’s (well 1 now as 1 passed away). They own Lubbock Breakfast house (best **** breakfast in Lubbock I might add). They were stout American’s and like the lady in the video were vocal in their disgust with current day Iran. They mourn the “revolution”

Comment

I know a dude that was on the Iranian Olympic soccer team who defected to the USA
        His love for America has no bounds, great guy truly blessed to know him
        Came here with only his clothes on his back and worked hard to make a great life for his self and every one he meets, I wish Could go with him when he can return to Iran

Comment

I'm not a fan of the hyphen American thing. None of us say it. She has no accent and seems 100% American. I am a Texan and an American. She can be whatever her state is and an American.

Hi, I'm BoB. I'm Scottish-American. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I'm not a fan of the hyphen American thing. None of us say it. She has no accent and seems 100% American. I am a Texan and an American. She can be whatever her state is and an American.

Awesome! I’m Scottish!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
              She lost me when she self identified as an Iranian American. Pick one and own it.

My eyes can’t roll back far enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter's dr. wanted her to have one of those dna deals done for whatever medical reasons & while the tinfoil in me doesn't want mine on record I was very curious to see what sort of mutt my puerto rican wife & my unknown whiteness produced. My Nana always told us we had comanche blood (I'm reading the tbh recommended Empire of the Summer Moon, which is quite fascinating) running in our veins & turns out she had 5% native american. What was more surprising was where she wasn't from. Now what part is mom & what is dad other than assumed comanche is unknown.

Reading this book, it's Pretty amazing how much more advanced Europe has & their actual recorded history vs the americas which didn't even really start till we strolled in which is a very short time ago vs the counter. 99.99% of us came from somewhere else I reckon. I can see why their is disdain for the US as we have proved freedom & capitalism rock / win & I'm sure it's threatening to thug nations. Interesting times for sure.

Appreciate the on hand comments / perspectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Ha, but she was literally born in Iran.

Comment

Working...
                  X