• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    40’

25’ living

13’9 storage(ranger, mule etc)

Did it all by my self. This is my second build.

Got trim and bathroom trim left.

Nice! I like that bunk bed idea! I could do that for the kids. Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Windows are easy to build swing out bars, solid cover or expanded metal, but nothing can with stand metal saw blade or cutting torch, with that said you aren’t prying the door open with a screw driver or even pry bar or even a pair of bolt cutters

That’s my thoughts. I think most of the thieves I’d see won’t have those tools readily available. If I don’t have power outside for them to hook up to that just makes it more difficult. Also, my neighbors run cattle all around me and are constantly driving near my gates and fences.

Comment

I have two little ones, they love the curtains. Plus I put combo lighted plugs in each so they have a light and plug.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have two little ones, they love the curtains. Plus I put combo lighted plugs in each so they have a light and plug.

That’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
            That’s my thoughts. I think most of the thieves I’d see won’t have those tools readily available. If I don’t have power outside for them to hook up to that just makes it more difficult. Also, my neighbors run cattle all around me and are constantly driving near my gates and fences.

So many option and some many different configurations.

I can run mine completely off grid with generator. Infact I ran it with a Honda 2200 just to test. As long as I shut AC down before using hot water heater or microwave I’m good.

I have it set up for 30amp Service. Water heater is 6gal Point of Use, with RV style turn off at handle head. 8k Ac w/heat strips keeps it cool or hot perfectly. Little milk barn heater will run you out, it gets so hot.

I have R19 walls and R30 roof. I think I over did roof insulation and could of saved money there but it works well.

Most Expensive things were I did prefab shower and the off grid toilet(works unbelievably well). I went blind faith and was shocked how well toliet works.

I also ran extra line from break to storage that running a motion light inside, but I did it on a dedicated breaker Incase I ever want to make the storage into a room

Comment

the off grid toilet(works unbelievably well). I went blind faith and was shocked how well toliet works.
              Could you please elaborate, what brand?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Could you please elaborate, what brand?

Easier to just watch video’s, it’s pricey but cheaper and lot less labor intensive compared to septic(especially if in an area the county are Septic system Nazis

Mine is the 9215 AC/DC Model
                Last edited by Texans42; 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Shipping Container Cabins

I am thinking about doing a container cabin as well.
                  I just don’t want to put 10k in a travel trailer for something I want to leave at the lease year round.

I have been looking at a 20’ container instead of the 40’ one. For me, it would be a starting point - then fit into a barndo project if I decide to expand.

Here are some photos of ideas I would incorporate.

I really like the design of the blue one, rigged out with 2 sets of single bunks. I’d cover the deck, and build a deck on the roof.

Probably set up the lower deck as a cooking/food prep area - and not plumb the inside of the 20’ container. Set up an Outside shower.

Last edited by walker1983; 04-29-2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Texans42 - love these bunk designs with the curtains and power in the wall panel.

I’d plan to do something just like this

Comment

Only pics I could find on my phone

Comment

Ooo, I want a 53’ bad!!!

Comment

You can pull up my ranch thread and see the beginning stages, I can take some pics and post later this week or send to you. It has actually gotten out of hand on what we have done but I think it has turned out great. I can also give you some does and don't s I have learned along the way.

Comment

Shipping Container Cabins

The High Cube made all the difference in the world. Here’s some pics of my old cabin.

We had a Queen Master Bedroom, a bathroom with toilet / shower, kitchen, living room and Queen over Queen bunks.
                            Last edited by Heath; 04-29-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Go to Square One Container website. They sell them finished out & have floor plans. I bought one from them about 8 yrs ago.

Comment

These pictures have me thinking about going to a 40' container instead of the 20'er- but using the double door end as 12' of storage.
                                That would allow me the future space to finish out a bathroom if I have power and a water well put in @ my build site.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X