Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Silverado..in the shop already..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
    I had 2018 that needed a new transmission after 2,000 miles. Ball joints and tie rods at 17,000. They don't make them like they use to for sure.

I think I’ll keep my 01 truck. June 15 will be it’s 20th birthday according to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
      The water pump I can't help with but I can shed some light on the steering/suspension.

The 3.5 lift is your problem. The only 3.5 kits I know of are just wayyyyy over stretched leveling kits. You will go through TREs and Ball Joints every 20-30k that way. I'm suprised you made it that long. Take a look at the angles on your A-Arms, Tire Rods, and Ball Joints. You will eat CV boots as well.
      My 3500 duramax started have CV boot problems after a leveling kit, I accidentally totaled that truck, replaced it kept it stock zero problem with anything 250,0000 miles, maybe looking cool is just not good for the engineering

Comment

Cognito is the only way to lift a cheby under 3 or 4"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          My 3500 duramax started have CV boot problems after a leveling kit, I accidentally totaled that truck, replaced it kept it stock zero problem with anything 250,0000 miles, maybe looking cool is just not good for the engineering
          Did you install a differential drop kit after lifting on the totaled one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            my 2018 loved to eat transmissions.

They’ve been eating transmissions since I was in high school in the late 90s. Wish I had a 12 pack for every time my buddies had to ride home in my samurai after an evening of muddin

Comment

I get 70-80k out of mine generally.
              That’s not a good thing bud. Both of my ford vehicles that were sitting on 35’s with over 120,000 miles never had issues...now I’m sure I’ll be replacing them next week for talking out loud[emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                Did you install a differential drop kit after lifting on the totaled one.

I have no idea, had a company put it on after I saw how my buddies truck looked

But He had issues with the inside edges of his tires wearing out fast don’t know what causes that
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-08-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

87k on my 2017 only issue was a sensor that was covered under warranty. Was your lift a spacer lift?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    That’s not a good thing bud. Both of my ford vehicles that were sitting on 35’s with over 120,000 miles never had issues...now I’m sure I’ll be replacing them next week for talking out loud[emoji28]

1/2 tons of bigger? Lifted? Leveling Kit? Might not be apples to oranges. I’ve gotten 130k out of a set but that isn’t/wasn’t the lowest mileage I’ve worn them out so I was trying to be conservative, bud.

... Diclaimer: I’m just arguing because everyone has brand loyalty on here. I’ve owned a tonnnnnnn of trucks (mostly GM but I’ve had them all) in the last 22 years I’ve had a license and they’ve all been junk. just lots of generalizing here.

Comment

1/2 tons of bigger? Lifted? Leveling Kit? Might not be apples to oranges. I’ve gotten 130k out of a set but that isn’t/wasn’t the lowest mileage I’ve worn them out so I was trying to be conservative, bud.

... Diclaimer: I’m just arguing because everyone has brand loyalty on here. I’ve owned a tonnnnnnn of trucks (mostly GM but I’ve had them all) in the last 22 years I’ve had a license and they’ve all been junk. just lots of generalizing here.

Love the disclaimer lol. I have owned Ford, GMC and Chevy but I’d walk before I drove a dodge [emoji12]

First was an expedition with 4” suspension and a 3” body and mostly ran 35/14.50 boggers on it.
                      My current truck is an F150 with 6” suspension and 35x12.50 Open country mts
                      That being said my last truck was a Gmc Z71 with a leveling kit and 33x12.50 and it had around 150,000 on it. The ball joints started popping before I got to 100k but somehow made it till I sold it. The issue I had with that truck was the knocking lifters from the AFM system

Comment

What year model was your Tundra?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Never had a tundra. Two Tacomas however.

Edit: and a 4-runner. Mom and Dad are on their 4th consecutive 4-runner currently, and really I’ll consider a tundra for the next one if I stay 1/2 ton.
                          Last edited by TreyRo; 01-08-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Never had a tundra. Two Tacomas however.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                              my 2018 loved to eat transmissions.
                              Friend has one with 60k and transmission is out.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Lol, I was gonna ask the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X