No announcement yet.

2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They started cruising about two weeks ago. Ive got a few trees tore up I just found the other day. Im not saying theyre chasing yet, but I dont think it will be long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Beginning of rut, some chasing but nothing drastic. Near freslburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of deer movement this evening.

Comment

Anybody planting food plots that havent got them in the ground yet? Was hoping to do it next week but sure not seeing any decent rain anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
            Lots of deer movement this evening.
            I must not have been in the right spot . I sat yesterday evening from 5:00 until dark and didn't see anything. I usually at least see a doe or two just about every sit, so it was a little strange. I switched out SD cards in the trail camera at 2:45 yesterday afternoon and ended up spooking a few deer. Go figure . There were a few new bucks on the camera last week, so that's a good sign.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Rutting hard is southern Lee County

Last edited by gtsticker; 10-12-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Anybody been sitting in the stand? I've done two evening sits & one late morning sit totaling around eight hours, and all I've seen is the same doe twice ha ha! Of course, the weather has sucked for the most part, and it's looking like this week won't be any different (a lot of mid-80's days).

Comment

Checked our camera and had bucks at the feeder at 7:30am one morning, 10:30am one morning, and high noon another day.

Comment

Bucks are all over the map on time right now. Most are at night or mid day. None around the time the feeder goes off. So I probably wont hunt for a few more weeks yet. Need a buck thats worth chasing and some sort of consistency to him showing up.

Comment

My cousin took this picture at his family's place in New Ulm yesterday evening.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bucks at feeder in the morning but only does in the evening until after dark.

Comment

Saw my first signs of sure enough rutting this morning. Had a nice mature 8 locked down on a doe in the pasture under an oak tree. And had another big bodied buck, of which I couldn’t tell how big antler wise, cross the driveway as I came in this morning. So two mature bucks in the pasture and one locked down is a great sign.

Comment

Still no signs of rutting in our part of Fayette County

Comment

Saw one locked down on a doe yesterday morning South of Columbus. 2 shooter bucks have not been on camera in 1.5 weeks....majority does and small bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X