No announcement yet.

Any interest to buy or hunt a cow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin cross the road has a few of these Watusi and Watusi longhorn cross on his ranch. He shot one two years and got a heck of a lot of meat from it and a hide so big he had a small couch upholstered with it. Meat was good. They don't let you get too close and are HUGE. Those dang horns are scary.
    One heck of a drag
    KIMG1812 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

I had to butcher one of my cows last year. She was in good shape but she was really lean. Not much fat as she was just in the pasture eating grass. I'd go buy a calf and feed it out as the meat was very tuff. I had to make hamburger out of all of her. I dont recommend it. Like I said get one younger and preferably fed out on some grain.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
        Pretty sure they are angus
        Like, you've seen them in person and that's you're guess? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          Like, you've seen them in person and that's you're guess? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          I've seen them in person and they have all of the Angus characteristics.

Comment

I wish someone would come " hunt " all the ones we have at our place

Comment

We had a heifer break a leg at the ranch I worked on during college. I called a couple of my friends that worked at the meat lab with me and we got to it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Some people pay big money to hunt cows in zeland I believe
                Well the scrub bulls in that part of the world will kill you so that's a bit different... lol

Comment

My dad has been hunting them with his slingshot for 50 years, think he's gotten pretty close to making a kill a time or two.

Comment

I think that the hunters should be required to 1. Dress up like a rodeo clown and hunt from a barrel or 2. Dress up like a bull fighter and only use a sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Well the scrub bulls in that part of the world will kill you so that's a bit different... lol
                      Yessir.....that was part of our discussion with the Aussie outfitter also.[emoji2962]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X