No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished 3rd with 13.56 on a brutally rough day! Sure wanna go back and fish those trees when there’s not 4’ waves on top of them!

Comment

Haven’t fished in over 2 weeks!!! Gonna fix that fhe next couple days though! Maybe start on Fork and work my way north! Haven’t decided just yet but crappie better hide!!

Comment

Got an itch that needed to be scratched. Sold my old aluminum tracker last weekend to a nice crappie fisherman from Pearland.

Couldn't risk that cash burning a hole in my pocket!! Decided to buy a second 9 inch garmin for the the helm and found a killer deal on a used 10 inch garmin for the livescope. I'll be working on electronics this weekend and if weather holds may go catch some crappie!

Comment

My son Logan and I went fishing with Slew this afternoon for about 3 hours. I caught 3 or 4 and Todd caught about a dozen. The crappie were really picky, many would swim over and look at our jigs, then turn and swim away. One tree had about 20 crappie explode out of it when the jig dropped in the middle of them. They didn't want jigs tipped with minnows, either. We did the best on jigs tipped with a crappie nibble. Thanks for taking us, Todd, I enjoyed it and learning more about the Livescope. I can't wait to try out the Pole-ducer, as soon as I get my Livescope.

Comment

This is the only picture I got. It's after December 1st, so we had to keep every crappie caught. At least we only caught 1 our 2 small ones.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              My son Logan and I went fishing with Slew this afternoon for about 3 hours. I caught 3 or 4 and Todd caught about a dozen. The crappie were really picky, many would swim over and look at our jigs, then turn and swim away. One tree had about 20 crappie explode out of it when the jig dropped in the middle of them. They didn't want jigs tipped with minnows, either. We did the best on jigs tipped with a crappie nibble. Thanks for taking us, Todd, I enjoyed it and learning more about the Livescope. I can't wait to try out the Pole-ducer, as soon as I get my Livescope.
              Yes sir! Picky fish yesterday! Today was much better! Had 15.08 in 4 hours! Waiting on my mega burger with cheese and bacon and onion rings!! Fine day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Yes sir! Picky fish yesterday! Today was much better! Had 15.08 in 4 hours! Waiting on my mega burger with cheese and bacon and onion rings!! Fine day!!
                Awesome, congratulations on today's catches.

Comment

Put the Sniper 13 from Lakeside Lure and tackle to work this weekend! That rod's a keeper for sure! Anybody that's spent much time on my boat knows my rod locker looks like a kids crayon box but I'm gonna use whatever I think is best for the job and this is the best 13' rod I have found hands down. Weights 1/2 to 1/3 what some of the others do. Spooky fish seasons coming up soon and I'm glad it's gonna be in the boat! Looking at the calendar tourneys start back next month and I have one every weekend in March! Crazy sickness being addicted to a panfish...

Slew

Comment

First trip back to Pines in a couple weeks! They loaded the cooler till we couldn’t put anymore in it and then we started filling up the bait well! Man it never gets old! 27 degrees on the way to the lake yesterday. Walkway and the boat were frosted over but the fish didn’t care! If I wasn’t headed to Oklahoma to chase ducks I would be back out there! They had 47 fish and got 3 gallon bags slap full of fillets! Man I love the size of those fish in winter time!! Maybe head to the deer lease one last time after Christmas and then it’s back on the slabs!! Tourneys crank up next month in Texas and nationally in February. Can’t wait!!

Comment

I just ordered a Livescope setup, I sure hope they don't come out with a new 3D version anytime soon. I also picked up a Force trolling motor, which will be my first with Anchor Lock.

Comment

I just ordered a Livescope setup, I sure hope they don't come out with a new 3D version anytime soon. I also picked up a Force trolling motor, which will be my first with Anchor Lock.

Nice, congrats! Been working 7 days a week since Thanksgiving, miss catching winter crappie! My favorite time. Hope to go in the next few days

Comment

Your gonna wonder how you fished without it! Spot lock is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Nice, congrats! Been working 7 days a week since Thanksgiving, miss catching winter crappie! My favorite time. Hope to go in the next few days
                            Yeah I haven't had a day off since Thanksgiving weekend either. Been hitting it hard the last 4 weeks working Saturdays and Sundays. After today, 11 days off for me. I plan on hitting Conroe and Rayburn a few days myself

Comment

Was glad to see this thread! Only to read you boys been working too hard. Hope yall get back at them. I'm hoping to get to Fork next week.

Congrats Keith on your upgrades! Be patient as they take some practice for sure so don't be discouraged. It doesn't guarantee limits every trip!

Comment

Found a new mount for a livescope that I may buy next year. They mount right on the force or ultrex and can switch from manual scope independent for spot lock or sync up to your trolling motor so you can totally control with the TM pedal. Pretty slick!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Working...
                                X