No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not a fan of auto deploy on the TM. They break a lot and are slow to steer through timber but probably work for brushpiles. Sounds like the spot lock is lousy on the Garmin TM but I haven’t used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      I’m not a fan of auto deploy on the TM. They break a lot and are slow to steer through timber but probably work for brushpiles. Sounds like the spot lock is lousy on the Garmin TM but I haven’t used it.
      With a 12 inch screen and livescope if you still run into timber, you outta let little man take over steering then![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        I would keep the solix and go with the 1222 for livescope only. Network the MK ulterra (link model) to the solix and mark using your sidescan and auto deploy and the ulterra will take you there. Then kill shot with livescope.

I wanted the best side imaging and Bird still has it in my mind (I have a helix). There is less incentive to network graphs together now due to livescope anyway. I know some mark spots with there livescope and want it back on their console graph. But I don't need that kind of precision. If it's that good a spot I'll just walk 5 feet back to the console and mark it with one button on the Bird.

I got a quote from Brian at bbg marine for a 1222 for <$1800. That is gonna be my Xmas present to myself! I'm on a 9 inch garmin now.

Congrats on the gear upgrade! You are running out of excuses!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
        I agree, I will keep the Solix for the superior side imaging. I like you idea for marking spots, then use a Ulterra with the Bird to go to those waypoints does make sense.
        My biggest excuse is I've been working out of state. But this contract is wrapping up soon, then it's time to fish!
        Are you talking about the 1222 with base maps and no transducer?

Comment

Well, crap. Now you've got me second guessing the Ulterra, again..... I have read quite a few bad reviews on the Force spot lock on line. Then someone asked who has actually had problems, and who has not. There were a lot of people saying their Force has been flawless, or only minor issues that Garmin took care of. I read the newest updates have really helped, and others have gone into the settings and changed them to react a little slower, which fixed their issues. I believe someone said you could tell it the weight of your boat so that it would react with the proper thrust to get the boat moving at the right speed, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Save some cash, not worth the difference

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            I'm thinking about the future. If/when Garmin puts out a High Definition Livescope where you can ID the species and size, I am sure that will require more processing power and higher resolution. I'll already have that if I go with the 8612. Plus, I get a suppliers discount through work.

Comment

I was gonna go with the ulterra myself in early summer but my son who fishes lots of bass tournaments talked me out of it. He said he heard of a few deploying while running. I went with the ultrex and have zero regrets. The ultrex is just better built. It comes with the stabilizer bar and everything so it doesn't bounce around while your driving

Comment

Well now the truth comes out. Buy it

Comment

Heck get the 16” with your discount and be done!!!

I hate the Quachita River!! That’s all I have to add. We might as well just drive up the first day and go fish. They’ve never been where we find them prefishing come tournament time anyhow. Course it’s went up or down 2’ East trip by tourney day anyhow. I could sleep in till 10 and hit the water. Make it a little more sporty! Least I’ve had Johnnys pizza and cold Yuengling.

Comment

Heck get the 16” with your discount and be done!!!

I hate the Quachita River!! That’s all I have to add. We might as well just drive up the first day and go fish. They’ve never been where we find them prefishing come tournament time anyhow. Course it’s went up or down 2’ East trip by tourney day anyhow. I could sleep in till 10 and hit the water. Make it a little more sporty! Least I’ve had Johnnys pizza and cold Yuengling.
                    That one 16" GPSMAP would be worth twice what my boat is worth. LOL

Good luck on the Quachita. Lake Quachita is an absolutely beautiful place, with super clear water. I bet that makes those crappie super spooky.

Comment

I guess I run over to Rayburn this morning. Last trip for a couple of months. I have deeeeers to kilt

Comment

I guess I run over to Rayburn this morning. Last trip for a couple of months. I have deeeeers to kilt

Good luck buddy! I was planning on going Sunday if I get my truck back. It's been in the shop for 3 weeks now

Comment

Good luck, I'm sure you will slay 'em.

Comment

Great day on the lake.

Comment

Great day on the lake.

Potlicker

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment