No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fished part of a group trip Clay Gann put together with Jerry Hancock as well and the 3 of us managed to get everybody on some crappie and 145 hit the cleaning table at the end of the day! Kinda my same old broken record report for this time of year but like has been most trips the fish bit better as the day went on. I used 1/8 hand ties on Limits Tackle heads in chart/white and shad colored tipped with a minnow all day long. Caught fish from 18-28' of water most were 12-16' down suspended on timber. Did catch a few to start the day off brush and laydowns but we quickly moved to timber once everybody got the hang of Livescope! My fall is pretty packed between ACT, Crappie Masters, Crappie USA, and the Crappie Expo in Branson but I have some weekend and weekday availability in Sept and I think maybe one weekend day available in Oct. Sept and Oct are awesome months for Fork and Palestine. Gott agrind through this 2 day work week and get myself to the Quachita River!

Slew

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChrisFish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	24628573

Comment

Work week is over! Paying $$$ to go fish in a hurricane! Sign me up! I'm that guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Work week is over! Paying $$$ to go fish in a hurricane! Sign me up! I'm that guy!!!
        It's looking like the weather will be crazy, for sure. Be safe, and good luck.
        You know the saying... wind from the east fishing is the least, wind from the west fishing is the best. What about when it comes from every direction at 60 mph in 4 hours time?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

How did it go? My sister lives a little East of Monroe and said the wind was really bad!

Comment

I can't wait to hear the stories about this trip. It will definitely be one that you will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
              How did it go? My sister lives a little East of Monroe and said the wind was really bad!
              What a week! Hammered with work Monday and Tuesday so didn’t get over there till Wednesday and found an area with good fish and decent fish! Then Laura cane through W Monroe as a Cat 1 with 75mph winds and rain. Knocked the power out to half the town! I’ve been through enough to know we gassed everything up Wednesday eve. Didn’t go out Thursday but at the captains meeting several folks were without power. It was awesome how everybody worked together to get folks on gas and ice and find power so they could charge their boats! The storm was gone by Thursday eve and Friday morning we were greeted with cloudy skies and light winds. The rain brought the river up 2’ and moved our fish again. I think at 10am we had 2-3 fish. Decent ones but not enough. Saw a few good ones that we couldn’t get to bite so we ran a long ways to a backup spot and put 7 in the boat there but they weren’t the size they were prefishing either! Stopped in another area with 10 minutes to fish and culled out 2 fish there but still not what we were looking for. Started there day 2 and put 7 over a pound in the boat quick then ran back up the river to look for better fish. We saw more on day 2 and were able to catch a pound and a half better than day 1 but it was once again too little too late! I get one more crack at her the end of this month. I’m looking forward to another chance to settle the score! Hats off to Robert Carlile for throttling the field once again and to Les Milligan for an awesome 3rd place finish on a tough river!

Getting caught up a work this week but still have some weekend and weekday availability in Sept left. Palestine and Fork have been fishing pretty good with the cooler weather setting the fish up in a fall pattern! Fall is by far my favorite time to fish!!

Slew thumb

Comment

Several trees down in town and even several light poles down on cars at the hotel next to ours! Felt bad when evacuees in the lobby were telling me about their homes being destroyed in Lake Charles and they asked how ours fared. Told em I hadn't been home yet but seems we were spared! Didn't have the heart to tell them we were idiots that came there by choice to chase a panfish!

ACT runs a first class tournament and we will for sure fish more next year.

Crappie Masters NC on Quachita end of Sept,

Texas State champioship on LOP second week of Oct

Crappie USA Championship on Green River Lake Kentucky late Oct

and lastly Mr Crappie 200k tourney and Crappie Expo in Branson end of Oct.

I haven't made any hunting plans yet! Probably leave around Thanskgiving open for a duck trip to Oklahoma and a lease trip! Little sister wants to go to the lease this year. Excited about that! Won't have to clean anything that trip! Ride around, feed critters, make smores, and drink whiskey! Looking forward to that one! I told her we can sleep in mornings, but evenings she's going to have to at least get in a stand for an hour or so!

Comment

Been 2 weeks since I snatched a slab out the water so I had to remedy that this weekend!! Palestine was awesome!! Caught fish everywhere I went! Timber. Brush. Pvc. Docks!! Crappie errywhere!

Back to Quachita River in another week! Maybe 3rd times a charm!!

Comment

Been 2 weeks since I snatched a slab out the water so I had to remedy that this weekend!! Palestine was awesome!! Caught fish everywhere I went! Timber. Brush. Pvc. Docks!! Crappie errywhere!

Back to Quachita River in another week! Maybe 3rd times a charm!!
                    Thanks for the updates, at least somebody is getting to go fishing and is catching crappie. Good luck on the tournaments.

Comment

The crappie world and the world in general lost a great one yesterday. I met Tommy the first year we fished Crappie Masters on Fork and he was one of the nicest, most positive people I’ve ever met in my life. I kept up with him through his struggles over the last year and a half on Facebook and he was always in a good mood and giving all the glory to God. I sure wanted to see him at another tournament and tell him thanks for all the inspiration he’s given me in person. RIP Tommy Skarlis.

Comment

The crappie world and the world in general lost a great one yesterday. I met Tommy the first year we fished Crappie Masters on Fork and he was one of the nicest, most positive people I’ve ever met in my life. I kept up with him through his struggles over the last year and a half on Facebook and he was always in a good mood and giving all the glory to God. I sure wanted to see him at another tournament and tell him thanks for all the inspiration he’s given me in person. RIP Tommy Skarlis.

Prayers for his family

Comment

My prayers are with his family and friends, for comfort and love from our Lord.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Friday’s are for fishing! Least for the next 6 weeks! Should be at the ramp about 10!

Comment

Fun day! Not the quality I was looking for though! Still beats work!

Comment

Another storm rolling in! Must be time for another crappie tournament!

Get my stuff together tomorrow and head that way I guess! BPS 100MPH rain suit gonna get another workout!

Comment

Working...
                                X