Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
    Took an instructional trip with Slew on Palestine Friday morning after i got off work. Went in my boat and Slew had to work his tail off in the wind to keep it in position. Conditions were horrible! Monsoon winds and got caught in 2 violent storms (knocked down 2 trees at marina!). But we still found and caught fish There is no quit in this guy! Can't say enough about how hard he worked and went above and beyond duty.
    Things i learned:
    1. Slew is a fishing machine
    2. Fishing with Slew will make you spend money (ultrex on order)
    3. spotlock is required (see #2)
    4. Learned quite a bit about my graphs and livescope
    5. I would of had fun even if we didn't catch fish
    6. Don't believe the weather man!
    Yes sir he is a con man! He talked me into getting an ultrex and side scan! Who would have thought but I do catch more crappie for sure! Now I just gotta get the livescope

Comment

Live scope is where it’s at !
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Heck yeah! Your not making it easy.on me having to wait a little to get it!

Comment

Took an instructional trip with Slew on Palestine Friday morning after i got off work. Went in my boat and Slew had to work his tail off in the wind to keep it in position. Conditions were horrible! Monsoon winds and got caught in 2 violent storms (knocked down 2 trees at marina!). But we still found and caught fish There is no quit in this guy! Can't say enough about how hard he worked and went above and beyond duty.
          Things i learned:
          Haha! Thank you sir! Your gonna wonder how you fished without that Ultrex!

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Yes sir he is a con man! He talked me into getting an ultrex and side scan! Who would have thought but I do catch more crappie for sure! Now I just gotta get the livescope
          They finance that stuff cheap! It’s a need! Not a want!!

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          That looks like Big Dave!!! I’ve cleaned no telling how many crappie right there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Haha! Thank you sir! Your gonna wonder how you fished without that Ultrex!

They finance that stuff cheap! It’s a need! Not a want!!

That looks like Big Dave!!! I’ve cleaned no telling how many crappie right there!!

Just put an Ultrex on my Xpress. Not sure how I ever did without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Gonna hit Conroe in the morning for a few hours. Taking a buddy from work that loves to fish but has never gotten to fish in a boat in his entire life of 32 years. I hope I get him on some fish, but the experience will be enough for him im sure.
              Hope you got on em today!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                That’s him. My buddy wanted to take his grandson fishing and I wanted some learnin’ on electronics. We all got our money’s worth !

Comment

Things i learned:

Look like a good out nice fish

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir it’s the new rig , so far so good...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                      Yes sir it’s the new rig , so far so good...

,,Sam,,
                      I don't see many of those grizzlies on the used market. Owners must be holding on to them. Hope you like it.

Comment

Welcome to July slab snatchers! Had Jeff and Paul on Fork today. It was a grind with picky fish that didn’t want to bite but we managed to box 50. 1/8oz hand ties in timber fishing 12-18’ deep and brush 18-22’ deep was best for us. Lots of fish look at your jig and swim off right now.

Still beats work!!!

Comment

Had Brandon and Ray on Palestine today and we boxed 50 before it got too hot! Mix of timber and brush today. Man the fish are picky. Fish all over timber and brush and you might get 1-2 to bite if your lucky. Ready for cooler temps and fish to slam jigs again!

Comment

Got out this am early. Didn't chase crappie. Caught a buzz and some whites. Back home now.

Hope everybody has a good one!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

From Father’s Day. We kept 56 off a 14 acre private lake. All off 1 top I sunk 4 years ago. Great day with my dad.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                                From Father’s Day. We kept 56 off a 14 acre private lake. All off 1 top I sunk 4 years ago. Great day with my dad.

Awesome! Can’t beat fishing with your dad! We beat em up good last 2 days. Fish went back to their March trees instead of summer trees but they clobbered jigs in those shallow trees. Those deep fish are small and picky! More I fish for em the less I know about em!!

Comment

Working...
                                X