Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie cakes you say. Yes please. I need this recipe pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Crappie cakes turned out great! Will post up a recipe I used. Nice to have a couple alternatives to fried.

Mike I need the remolade recipe please!
      Those look good! Did you bake em? I've always battered them and pan fried em!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Those look good! Did you bake em? I've always battered them and pan fried em!
        In the oven for 5 minutes on Broil. The nice thing is since I boiled the meat day before I don't have to worry about whether it is cooked all through. I intentionally made these on the extra healthy side but I bet they would be great in a skillet with some butter!

I will still share the recipe when I get a few minutes to focus!

Comment

I kept and cleaned 55 good ones yesterday in about 4 hrs of fishing. I used a 1/16 oz head with an electric purple/fire tail grub to do the damage. I felt like I was bass fishing circa 1980 with that color on. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            In the oven for 5 minutes on Broil. The nice thing is since I boiled the meat day before I don't have to worry about whether it is cooked all through. I intentionally made these on the extra healthy side but I bet they would be great in a skillet with some butter!

I will still share the recipe when I get a few minutes to focus!
            You need to mix a little grease in it you kinda skinny [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              You need to mix a little grease in it you kinda skinny [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              Haha. Momma says I gotta parasite.

Comment

Interesting morning! Took my boat out for another test run. I think I've got it sorted out.

On the way back in saw something floating out in the middle of the lake. Some people had turtled their little sail boat. Luckily they were wearing vests! Tied to the mast and righted their boat. Then towed them in.

20mph winds is probably not ideal for first time boaters to try their new sail boat out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Interesting morning! Took my boat out for another test run. I think I've got it sorted out.

On the way back in saw something floating out in the middle of the lake. Some people had turtled their little sail boat. Luckily they were wearing vests! Tied to the mast and righted their boat. Then towed them in.

20mph winds is probably not ideal for first time boaters to try their new sail boat out.

I bet they were happy to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                    I bet they were happy to see you.

Yeah they were. Not many people out with the wind today! I didn't even try fishing. To windy for me even in the creeks.

Comment

We got to Rayburn this afternoon and went and mainly found some new brush. Caught probably 30 crappie but only 10 keepers. Alot of 8" to 9" fish.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Caught a bunch today but only one I want tomorrow! Have our game plan laid out. That said we won’t have much! Get this one out the way and focus on Quachita River next month! So far I haven’t even found the boat ramp much less crappie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          We got to Rayburn this afternoon and went and mainly found some new brush. Caught probably 30 crappie but only 10 keepers. Alot of 8" to 9" fish.
                          Dang homie, you keep eating all that fish and you gonna grow gills

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Saw that happen on Lake Cleburne a few years ago. Boat was completely inverted. And mast was stuck/dragging the bottom. County sheriff's dept and Rescue squad finally got it upright. Sailors were OK. Had been hanging onto the side/hull. Boat had a severely bent mast during upright. All I could see was the hull from about 3/4 mile away. And couldn't tell what it was till it got about 1/4 mile away when all the passer-bys started stopping. I went to see if anybody needed CPR. Some bass-boats passing by at full throttle turned to render aid and got the sailors back to the ramp before I got there. There was no skegg deployed on the boat that I could tell. But it may have fell out at capsize too. 14' boat. It shut down the ramp that afternoon till Rescue got done. I just kept wondering what that thing was in the water that the wind was slowing carrying my direction.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-20-2020, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Saw that happen on Lake Cleburne a few years ago. Boat was completely inverted. And mast was stuck/dragging the bottom. County sheriff's dept and Rescue squad finally got it upright. Sailors were OK. Had been hanging onto the side/hull. Boat had a severely bent mast during upright. All I could see was the hull from about 3/4 mile away. And couldn't tell what it was till it got about 1/4 mile away when all the passer-bys started stopping. Some bass-boats passing by at full throttle turned to render aid and got the sailor back to the ramp. There was no skegg deployed on the boat that I could tell. But it may have fell out at capsize too. 14' boat. It shut down the ramp that afternoon till Rescue got done. I just kept wondering what that thing was in the water that the wind was slowing carrying my direction.
                              Yep. I barely saw it a long ways away. I thought it was a kayaker at first. Then remembered seeing people at the launch earlier messing with a sail boat and it clicked.

Comment

Wow bad day!

Comment

Working...
                                X