Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    I have a once every 20 year limit on my fence building!

Now a stone patio would really complete that back yard! If only we had an expert on this....
    It's coming along good. Did a little over half yesterday and will finish the rest today.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      It's coming along good. Did a little over half yesterday and will finish the rest today.
      Looking good. You have some good help

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike you want to come do my yard next???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

what happened to the old pickets?

Comment

Got 9 keepers on Somerville right now

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              what happened to the old pickets?
              My sister wanted them all. We finally got done! Thank God! Lol
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Michael.

Comment

Comment

Went to test run the boat this am. Tried fishing some timber in 8-12' probably hit 20ish different trees in an hour or so. No fish.

Are y'all able to see the fish with side scan when going past trees? Is there a more selective process than jig a random tree a few minutes and move on?

Just trying to keep learning new ways to find them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Went to test run the boat this am. Tried fishing some timber in 8-12' probably hit 20ish different trees in an hour or so. No fish.

Are y'all able to see the fish with side scan when going past trees? Is there a more selective process than jig a random tree a few minutes and move on?

Just trying to keep learning new ways to find them.

Yes! I can see them on SI. Mark stuff all the time headed to fish something else because it's got fish on it. If you go over it you can usually see the depth they're sitting at. That said propwash will blow most of them off the trees. They are usually all sitting about the same depth this time of year. 12-16' down would be my focus if I didn't have Livescope! Doesn't matter if the tree is in 16' or 40' of water. Get near a creek channel and get after em! Fish caught a break Sunday! We all stayed up too late drinking beer, smoking cigars, and jamming tunes after Saturdays trip! Went to bed at 2am and they decided to sleep in and eat breakfast instead! I can't say I wasn't in agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Yes! I can see them on SI. Mark stuff all the time headed to fish something else because it's got fish on it. If you go over it you can usually see the depth they're sitting at. That said propwash will blow most of them off the trees. They are usually all sitting about the same depth this time of year. 12-16' down would be my focus if I didn't have Livescope! Doesn't matter if the tree is in 16' or 40' of water. Get near a creek channel and get after em! Fish caught a break Sunday! We all stayed up too late drinking beer, smoking cigars, and jamming tunes after Saturdays trip! Went to bed at 2am and they decided to sleep in and eat breakfast instead! I can't say I wasn't in agreement!
                        Thanks. I'll try more cruising. Was fishing along a creek this morning. Just didn't hit the right trees I suppose.

I'll do some more scouting and figure it out eventually. That 7" screen seemed huge compared to my old one. I think I need a 12" now!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

I'll do some more scouting and figure it out eventually. That 7" screen seemed huge compared to my old one. I think I need a 12" now!

It's a sickness that never ends!!!!

Comment

For those of y’all who put yalls crappie in the live well how do y’all keep them alive. They die so fast in my buddies boat and before we’re ever done fishing they lose all color. They still taste good but want to be able to keep them fresher

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                              For those of y’all who put yalls crappie in the live well how do y’all keep them alive. They die so fast in my buddies boat and before we’re ever done fishing they lose all color. They still taste good but want to be able to keep them fresher
                              Nobody can keep 50 alive in the summer.
                              Just put them straight into an ice chest.

Comment

Ran trips on Bob Sandlin and LOP this weekend. Sandlin was tough to find big fish and all the brush piles were covered up with 10" fish. we ended up with 25 good ones. LOP was much better and they put 50 on ice with several over 2 pounds.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	103498163_725455394895235_3315061066029831684_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24620640

Name:	101903173_725831628190945_7703995780667135814_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	24620641

Name:	101695062_725831598190948_7077689956289826870_n.jpg