Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    How are y'all so good at finding numbers like this?

How long do you fish around a pile before moving on? Say if you don't get a bite.

Or if you are just getting a few.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Couple minutes without a keeper I’m gone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Couple minutes without a keeper I’m gone!!
      Thanks. Maybe I'm spending too much time on piles. I'm just. Not super confident about being in the right spot after marking a pile. Fishing brush piles is new to me. But I strike out on the timber in waco.

I really need a fish finder for the front of the boat to have a better idea what I'm on, but wife may leave me as much as I've already dumped into a semi functioning boat this summer!

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I'm spending too much time on piles. I'm just. Not super confident about being in the right spot after marking a pile. Fishing brush piles is new to me. But I strike out on the timber in waco.

I really need a fish finder for the front of the boat to have a better idea what I'm on, but wife may leave me as much as I've already dumped into a semi functioning boat this summer!

If you don’t have a graph on the front you might as well close your eyes and fish! Momma ain’t going anywhere! You might not be able to handle all that love she’s gonna throw on you when you start loading up the freezer with them tasty white meat fillets!! Get a graph up front with gps and at least down imaging! I sold one on here a year or 2 ago for $150. Tell her Slew said it’s ok!!

Slew

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          If you don’t have a graph on the front you might as well close your eyes and fish! Momma ain’t going anywhere! You might not be able to handle all that love she’s gonna throw on you when you start loading up the freezer with them tasty white meat fillets!! Get a graph up front with gps and at least down imaging! I sold one on here a year or 2 ago for $150. Tell her Slew said it’s ok!!

Slew
          Haha. Yeah, I think I may have to pick a cheap down image unit up in the near future.

Supposed to be fixing trim unit today. Maybe if I can stop fixing the dang boat for a week I'll pick one up.

Comment

Replaced my trim seals today.

Now to figure out why it's stuttering at WOT!

Comment

New spark plugs, cleaned fuel filter, seafoam. Hope everything is 100% in the morning. We'll see.

And I found two more marker buoys at academy today! Now I can triangulate it! Going to catch all the fish now!

Comment

New spark plugs, cleaned fuel filter, seafoam. Hope everything is 100% in the morning. We'll see.

And I found two more marker buoys at academy today! Now I can triangulate it! Going to catch all the fish now!

Here's some mojo for the new bouys.

Cheers!

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this boat is from hell. I'm giving up for a while. Both new trim seals leaking. And now the newest problem is won't run past 5000rpms. Going to park it and quit.

Also got skunked this morning. Didn't seem my Lowrance was working right. Several spots I had marked I could not see a brush pile any more.

The image below is the best brush I found. That's as clear as I get out of it. Is that as good as it's going to get? I see other guys pictures that look almost like a picture on the downview. Lowrance carbon 7.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this boat is from hell. I'm giving up for a while. Both new trim seals leaking. And now the newest problem is won't run past 5000rpms. Going to park it and quit.

Also got skunked this morning. Didn't seem my Lowrance was working right. Several spots I had marked I could not see a brush pile any more.

The image below is the best brush I found. That's as clear as I get out of it. Is that as good as it's going to get? I see other guys pictures that look almost like a picture on the downview. Lowrance carbon 7.

I have down imaging, side imaging, and normal chirp on the front of my boat and the console. I only use chirp in front to get on brush piles and lock on them. Here is pic I took from Richland Chambers of a brush pile that was loaded with fish. Im posting a pic also of what you should see if your locked on top of one. You should constantly be picking it up on the screen. I think your image in down image you are showing looks right. It's brush not a tree. If you go over timber in down imaging its shows alot more detail than a brush pile. Same with bridge pilings. We were catching them in 12ft to 15 ft of water all weekend on brush and timber that was in 18-24ft. Sorry your having some much trouble! It can be frustrating.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      I have down imaging, side imaging, and normal chirp on the front of my boat and the console. I only use chirp in front to get on brush piles and lock on them. Here is pic I took from Richland Chambers of a brush pile that was loaded with fish. Im posting a pic also of what you should see if your locked on top of one. You should constantly be picking it up on the screen. I think your image in down image you are showing looks right. It's brush not a tree. If you go over timber in down imaging its shows alot more detail than a brush pile. Same with bridge pilings. We were catching them in 12ft to 15 ft of water all weekend on brush and timber that was in 18-24ft. Sorry your having some much trouble! It can be frustrating.
                      That makes me feel a little better on the electronics. That's similar to what I'm seeing when I find one. Gonna have to get a finder up front.

Why do you use regular sonar over downscan when on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Covered

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                        How are y'all so good at finding numbers like this?

How long do you fish around a pile before moving on? Say if you don't get a bite.

Or if you are just getting a few.

When I went with ole Snowflake Killa, he would sniff the air stop the boat stick his head under the water and check the bursh tops, that guy would put us on em.

Comment

That makes me feel a little better on the electronics. That's similar to what I'm seeing when I find one. Gonna have to get a finder up front.

Why do you use regular sonar over downscan when on top?

Because with the regular sonar I can still see what depth im fishing. When you pull up the jig you see it arch on the screen and can tell where your at. Plus its easier to know if you are on top of the pile vs down imaging. I only use down imaging when im scanning bridge pilings because I can see the detail and cross member and see fish better under them or holding tight to the columns. Im sure some on here can explain it better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Because with the regular sonar I can still see what depth im fishing. When you pull up the jig you see it arch on the screen and can tell where your at. Plus its easier to know if you are on top of the pile vs down imaging. I only use down imaging when im scanning bridge pilings because I can see the detail and cross member and see fish better under them or holding tight to the columns. Im sure some on here can explain it better than me.
                            Thanks that helps a bunch. Will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
                              When I went with ole Snowflake Killa, he would sniff the air stop the boat stick his head under the water and check the bursh tops, that guy would put us on em.
                              And we're off [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Beat down on the Palestine slabs again today. 50 for the freezer. I got a couple days left this month. One being Sat the 13th. Idk why that days open but it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X