No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got some great work go-n on there Michael!

Great first name you got there too. I'm kinda partial to it.

Comment

Some sweet looking jigs your boy is making

Comment

Mighty nice jigs right there

Comment

Don't let momma catch him with those jig heads in her toaster oven!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Lol, he already got in trouble for that. She got a new one and gave him that one for baking his paint🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              I need some educating here. How hard is it to catch crappie from shore, say at Granger or Waco hypothetically? Also, are they usually a deep water fish? I'm a fly fisherman normally, and I can honestly say I don't know much at all about spin fishing. Do I need a spin fishing rig? Jigs?

For whatever reason a laid back evening fishing with a pole and worms or jigs or something has sounded really appealing lately. But I don't know squat about it.
              I use a +- 12' pole and vertical jig fish around stomps. If I was fishing from bank I would use minnows under a cork along the drop offs this time of year. Fishing near the bottom. Early spring you can catch them up creeks. Try Koehne Park at Lake Waco.

Comment

I need some educating here. How hard is it to catch crappie from shore, say at Granger or Waco hypothetically? Also, are they usually a deep water fish? I'm a fly fisherman normally, and I can honestly say I don't know much at all about spin fishing. Do I need a spin fishing rig? Jigs?

For whatever reason a laid back evening fishing with a pole and worms or jigs or something has sounded really appealing lately. But I don't know squat about it.
                I think Granger you have a better chance than waco. Not many spots on waco you can go on foot and get to them besides the south bosque under 84.

Granger you have multiple access points to walk along the san gabriel.

Focus on brush and trees laying down on the bank that go out into deeper water.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                  I use a +- 12' pole and vertical jig fish around stomps. If I was fishing from bank I would use minnows under a cork along the drop offs this time of year. Fishing near the bottom. Early spring you can catch them up creeks. Try Koehne Park at Lake Waco.
                  I launch at Koehne and have never stopped to fish there. I know there's a brush pile by the buoys.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    I think Granger you have a better chance than waco. Not many spots on waco you can go on foot and get to them besides the south bosque under 84.

Granger you have multiple access points to walk along the san gabriel.

Focus on brush and trees laying down on the bank that go out into deeper water.

Thanks for the advice! A 12' pole sounds crazy long, even for a fly fisherman

Comment

Thanks for the advice! A 12' pole sounds crazy long, even for a fly fisherman
                      They make 20s! I’m never gonna use one but they make em!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Santa headed that one off early with mom! Little man got a toaster oven for Christmas! He’s convinced Santa really is everywhere. Otherwise how would he know he ties jigs now!

They look great. Shad colored. White and chart with a pink head and purple and chart with a pink head will be tied on at RC in my boat for sure.

Comment

They are still biting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit Conroe this morning. Found decent numbers, hit 25 right at noon. Most were 10' deep in about 20' water. A few smaller ones but most 11-14"

Comment

We fished timber for an hour or so this morning then went and shot docks the rest of the morning. Haven’t done that since October! Man it’s fun!! I think we. Caught 25 off the first dock.

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
                                They are still biting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice haul. That rogue catfish is always fun to get in. There is always at least one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X