Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
    OK today crappie were shallow <2ft. Caught several on jigs in back of coves on Conroe. No throw backs. Most were around 12-14 inchers. White or glow Bobby Garland 2" shad with pink jig head.
    Man I would have bet it was to early for them to be that shallow. Great report

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      With all the rain last week LOP is a mess. I ran over to Sandlin this afternoon for a couple of hours to look for fish for a trip tomorrow. Caught 16 slabs and 12 Sandbass in a hurry.

They were in 48 foot of water about 6 foot off the bottom. All fish caught on a blue and black 1/4 oz hand tied jig.

[ATTACH]992348[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]992349[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]992350[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]992351[/ATTACH]
      Guess that is why I didn't find them in 25-30ft on Monday, they hiding on the other end in the deep water.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Sounds awesome,my wife has been 1 time in 38 years. She books my trips so she can get ride of me [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Sounds like a perfect marriage!!

Comment

Any of you guys willing to help out a saltwater guy trying to find crappie on Sheldon Reservoir? Crappie are my nemesis, I can'y seem to be able to find them. I'm not looking for a spot, just point me in a direction. Shallow, deep, shoreline... I hate asking for fishing advice but mt Trophy Wife is wanting crappie. Thanks fella's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Not to bad not to bad

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              She coulda done better!!!

My Friday trip rescheduled! Donut store with little sister Friday am then the Ranger is headed to D’Arbonne! Never been there before. Looking forward to a new adventure! And Yuengling and crawfish!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Man I would have bet it was to early for them to be that shallow. Great report
                Nope. I start looking after valentines day. I can usually get them 2nd or 3rd week of February thru the end of March. Caught several more today, but bite was dead this evening. I use 4lb. line and ultra lite tackle. Lost a big one. I had him on top but he got his head down and ripped drag to some cover. I put too much pressure on him and pulled the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

My Friday trip rescheduled! Donut store with little sister Friday am then the Ranger is headed to D’Arbonne! Never been there before. Looking forward to a new adventure! And Yuengling and crawfish!!
                  I haven’t had it in a couple of years but Cormiers in Monroe used to have really good crawfish!

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                    Nope. I start looking after valentines day. I can usually get them 2nd or 3rd week of February thru the end of March. Caught several more today, but bite was dead this evening. I use 4lb. line and ultra lite tackle. Lost a big one. I had him on top but he got his head down and ripped drag to some cover. I put too much pressure on him and pulled the hook.
                    We caught 9 Monday on Conroe. We started out in 15 fow over PVC structure for about 20 minutes and saw fish all over and couldn't get them to bite. We checked out 2 spots I dropped christmas trees in 20 fow, and Nothing, no fish on them. The fog was so bad, we went back to the cove we started and caught 2. We fished ~2 hours waiting for the fog to lift til' about noon, so I figured we'd try shallow. From noon to 14:00 we caught 7 in about 2 fow. All were males except 2. I'm thinking the males are starting to move on the beds with the warm water. Temps were about 59 degrees in 15-20 ft and 61 in 2-4ft.
                    Sorry for the sideways pic...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck slew send us some reports

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Good luck slew send us some reports

I hope so! I dang sure won't be sending pictures!

Comment

Better hide white perch!! I’m heading your way!!

Comment

Better hide white perch!! I’m heading your way!!
                            Good luck slew! Keep us posted bud! I sent you a pm

Comment

I took a stick to the head this afternoon but that’s ok. Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

I took a stick to the head this afternoon but that’s ok. Tomorrow is another day.
                                Well she should have done it way sooner [emoji13]

Comment

Working...
                                X