Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Conroe again, had a bit more time today thankfully. Hit the 1097 bridge first. Stayed there too long. Only caught a couple and just wasnt seeing many. Then went to a spot I have never fished before. Started slow then started finding them. 25', most right off the bottom. Caught 21 but took 7 hrs to do it

Only kept the ones 14" and longer

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-16 17.55.22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24608751

Comment

Very nice Mike. At my mystery lake only 12 . To much rain last week a mud hole.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Very nice Mike. At my mystery lake only 12 . To much rain last week a mud hole.

Dang, thats rough. Hope the drive wasnt too far.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Dang, thats rough. Hope the drive wasnt too far.
          Not to bad about 3 hours. I needed a change of pace.

Comment

Nice work on some slabs Mike.

Comment

Ran to Stine this afternoon for a while. Haven’t been there in over a month and it took a while to figure em out but had 15 or so once I figured em out. Chased down roaming fish in timber. Had 3 over 2 and about that many just under 2. BFOD was a 2.35. Tough chasing em down but it’s awesome when they hit it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Ran to Stine this afternoon for a while. Haven’t been there in over a month and it took a while to figure em out but had 15 or so once I figured em out. Chased down roaming fish in timber. Had 3 over 2 and about that many just under 2. BFOD was a 2.35. Tough chasing em down but it’s awesome when they hit it!!
                I cant imagine catching that many big ones. The one I caught the other day was huge to me.

I did notice several times that just as I pulled up sometimes they would scatter and leave. Was crazy seeing 4-5 fish on a tree then they bail on me....

Comment

They’re real spooky this time of year. You got too close to em. Sit back 15 foot off of em and pitch the jig to them. You can walk it down to them with livescope and then swim it back past them. If they don’t come off the tree and eat it pitch it to them again!

Comment

Livescope fail. Got wiring done in time to go sunday for maiden voyage test. Beautiful blue day and little to no wind. Spent most of the morning adjusting settings while fighting my gps trolling motor. Finally got settings on LS and could see fish moving. No idea what kind of fish. Just ones that wouldn't bite. Then finally did a reboot and recalibrated the motorguide. Spot lock started holding great. Marked a few new brush piles with the garmin. Got set up for one final spot before I had to head home. Settings were good, spot lock holding tight right on a new brush pile. I see two fish! Much bigger than the other ones I've been seeing. And thump! Here we go finally caught a ...wait that is fighting like a record crappie...that ain't no crappie.

Final tally: zero crappie. One blue cat. Haven't caught a 10 lb fish in a long time. Had my heart beating fast!

RC went up 3.5 feet last week. I calculated about 71 million gallons of new water per the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Livescope fail. Got wiring done in time to go sunday for maiden voyage test. Beautiful blue day and little to no wind. Spent most of the morning adjusting settings while fighting my gps trolling motor. Finally got settings on LS and could see fish moving. No idea what kind of fish. Just ones that wouldn't bite. Then finally did a reboot and recalibrated the motorguide. Spot lock started holding great. Marked a few new brush piles with the garmin. Got set up for one final spot before I had to head home. Settings were good, spot lock holding tight right on a new brush pile. I see two fish! Much bigger than the other ones I've been seeing. And thump! Here we go finally caught a ...wait that is fighting like a record crappie...that ain't no crappie.

Final tally: zero crappie. One blue cat. Haven't caught a 10 lb fish in a long time. Had my heart beating fast!

RC went up 3.5 feet last week. I calculated about 71 million gallons of new water per the charts.

Nice cat! It takes a bit of getting used to. My first trip I wasnt sure I was even seeing what I thought I was seeing. I would move one way then back and it felt backwards or something. Wasnt sure it wasnt backwards ( right-left flipped ). After a bit it made more sense.

Also, if yall have gotten a bunch of rain, I dont know that lake, bit if the water is too muddy or too much small debris it doesnt work well.

I have a hard time seeing fish in brush. Sometimes I see the brighter spots ( more solid returns ) but not always. But when you watch that bright spot move ot and hit it, you know!

It is much more useful and clear on timber.

Comment

I sure must have married a good one. My wife booked us a cabin on Rayburn next month to crappie fish for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Don't get no better than that! She is a pig killing, crappie and catfish catching machine!
                        Last edited by hogslayer78; 02-18-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          I sure must have married a good one. My wife booked us a cabin on Rayburn next month to crappie fish for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Don't get no better than that! She is a pig killing, crappie and catfish catching machine!
                          Sounds awesome,my wife has been 1 time in 38 years. She books my trips so she can get ride of me [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Heck yeah

Comment

OK today crappie were shallow <2ft. Caught several on jigs in back of coves on Conroe. No throw backs. Most were around 12-14 inchers. White or glow Bobby Garland 2" shad with pink jig head.

Comment

Honey Hole

Hit one of my Honey Holes on Sunday night, 18 Slabs all 12-14 inches
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X