Dallas Cowboys 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You guys still don’t understand how QB contracts work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So are you saying that if Andy Dalton, Jamis Winston, Marcus Marriota and others sign a contract after Dak that they will be paid more ? I really doubt it. Dak has not done squat with the stars that he has on the team, imagine what he will do without some of them, I like him but he is barely above average imo, he can win but needs a stacked team.

Comment

Jones paid nose ring too much and screwed things up for the cowboy when he caved in.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Jones paid nose ring too much and screwed things up for the cowboy when he caved in.
        Yup, dime a dozen and he payed double....

Comment

Yup, dime a dozen and he payed double....
          Zeke got paid because he was the best at his position, a far cry from Dak, if Zeke was not on this team we would not even be having this conversation about Dak getting a 150 M plus contract. No way to know but I bet his record would be 500 at best, so if Dak gets paid way too much yall can blame Zeke for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            Zeke got paid because he was the best at his position, a far cry from Dak, if Zeke was not on this team we would not even be having this conversation about Dak getting a 150 M plus contract. No way to know but I bet his record would be 500 at best, so if Dak gets paid way too much yall can blame Zeke for that as well.

He WAS the best at his posistion...for 1 season. Doesn’t matter, smart teams still don’t pay RBs...dime a dozen.

There are 32 NFL starting qb jobs and about 15 guys who can actually do it, and you have one. I ain’t sayin 40, but I ain’t heard a legitimate plan b yet...

Off topic, I saw where you are expanding the Shuck Me empire![emoji1360]

Comment

He WAS the best at his posistion...for 1 season. Doesn’t matter, smart teams still don’t pay RBs...dime a dozen.

There are 32 NFL starting qb jobs and about 15 guys who can actually do it, and you have one. I ain’t sayin 40, but I ain’t heard a legitimate plan b yet...

Off topic, I saw where you are expanding the Shuck Me empire![emoji1360]

Yes I went and got stupid, we should open our Alliance location Monday or Tuesday next week if all the stars align. They did over pay Zeke Imo but I think they felt they had to because of Dak, he cannot carry the team Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                Dak, he cannot carry the team Imo.

This is my problem with Dak.... as of right now.

Show me in this same offense with new flair that you can carry the team and lets talk money then

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Show me in this same offense with new flair that you can carry the team and lets talk money then

X2

Comment

If this is true he has lost his **** mind.

Comment

Quarterbacks in this league are valuable. But I haven’t seen enough out of Dak to pay more than $33-34 mil. That’s even too much IMO but that’s just the QB market. $40 million is way too much.

This year is a great year for quarterback needy teams. You have two high level prospects in Burrow and Tua coming out of the draft. There are two aging vets in Rivers and Brady who are still serviceable and capable of leading a good team hitting FA.

Then you have other guys like Winston, Mariota, Tannehill, and Bridgewater also hitting free agency. Don’t forget about Dalton, Newton, Carr and Foles who should be available via trade.

A lot of options. I would take Dak over most of those options but if it came down to paying $35+ a year for Dak vs. other options for 2/3 or less of the cost then I would be a buyer.

I’d bet the Boys could field a competitive playoff team with some of those QBs above if that means they could invest another $15-20 mil to upgrade the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Dak has benefitted greatly by a good online, running back, decent defense(even though it seemed to get worse over the past couple years) and an easy division.

And no I dont see him ever being able to carry the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                          Quarterbacks in this league are valuable. But I haven’t seen enough out of Dak to pay more than $33-34 mil. That’s even too much IMO but that’s just the QB market. $40 million is way too much.

This year is a great year for quarterback needy teams. You have two high level prospects in Burrow and Tua coming out of the draft. There are two aging vets in Rivers and Brady who are still serviceable and capable of leading a good team hitting FA.

Then you have other guys like Winston, Mariota, Tannehill, and Bridgewater also hitting free agency. Don’t forget about Dalton, Newton, Carr and Foles who should be available via trade.

A lot of options. I would take Dak over most of those options but if it came down to paying $35+ a year for Dak vs. other options for 2/3 or less of the cost then I would be a buyer.

I’d bet the Boys could field a competitive playoff team with some of those QBs above if that means they could invest another $15-20 mil to upgrade the defense.

Ding ding dinggggg love reading I’m not alone in this thought process! pretty sure in a what have you done for more recently several of those guys have led/managed their teams much further than dak...so it can be done!! If the Jones’ buckle again after zeke I’m done

Comment

I let him walk over 35mil....I don't know what you do from there, but I'm not doing that. Jerry will, fyi. Under 35 I think I take my chances with him, simply because of where contracts and CBA are headed....and because I remember Quincy Carter...

Comment

I let him walk over 35mil....I don't know what you do from there, but I'm not doing that. Jerry will, fyi. Under 35 I think I take my chances with him, simply because of where contracts and CBA are headed....and because I remember Quincy Carter...

And Chad Hutchinson and Ryan Leaf

Comment

Steve Pelour...

Comment

Working...
                                X