Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    I've not chimed in once on this thread BUT, the first few months of this BS quarantine had me eating and drinking way too much. July 4th I was at 264lbs. Having a drink every day starting about 4pm, then big dinner. Just got tired of feeling bad. I'm 45, 6' 3" and was 264. I've done nothing but get my *** up and walk 4 miles every morning. All through McAlester park in SA. I get to see the deer as they have grown through the summer and they are about to start rubbing out. I am eating better but I do still enjoy a sip of brown liquor on the weekends and some BBQ. Was 242 this morning and have about 20 more to go. Y'all hang in there and keep it up. What helped me was buying a Fitbit off TBH and then later an iWatch which holds me accountable (doing contests with my family). It really does help.
    Good job! I think the quarantine BS had everyone drinking and eating wrong. I know I did.

I slept HARD last night. I'm pretty sure I didn't even move. A good gym day today, but I had to rearrange my plan because today was everyone else's smith machine day it seems. No biggy really, I just went backwards from what I had planned.

Chest and biceps supersets. Chest was 3 strip sets and I had to keep the bicep work a little light because I tweaked my freakin left arm/elbow yesterday. 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets. The pump is awesome.

Decline bench press/preacher curl/incline situp
    Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl/hanging leg raise
    Incline bilateral chest press/incline DB curl
    Incline BP on smith machine all the way down to flat bench/hammer curl

Back and triceps tomorrow I think. It all depends on my elbow.

Comment

Another night and I don't think I moved much! I like it! Hit the gym this morning with a routine in mind and then modified it to fit my energy level. Treadmill, bicycle, incline situps and abduction machine to start then 3 warm upsets and 3 working supersets. 3X15 doing 5 reps, holding the contraction for 5 seconds, then 5 more reps then hold 5 seconds and 5 more reps. Weight on the heavy side. Back and triceps.

T-bar row/bodyweight dips/incline leg raise
      BB row inverse grip/skull crusher/hanging leg raise
      Low row/overhead rope extension/knee raise
      Neutral grip row/cable pushdown pronated grip
      Straight bar pulldown/cable pushdown supinated grip

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Cardio, PT, lite abs and legs today

Comment

Started to get a little frustrated this morning. Been working out hard and eating right. Was losing weight good but last 2 days I have added a pound. The more I think about it I think probably because I am adding muscle. At least I hope that is it. But I will keep at it.

Comment

CrossFit and strength training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday was 2.5 hrs, wearing neoprene waiters () and in thigh high water, getting a 6 man duck blind ready.... Probably the most I have ever sweated in my entire life lol

Today was a 3.75 mile jog

Gym mañana

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Yesterday was 2.5 hrs, wearing neoprene waiters () and in thigh high water, getting a 6 man duck blind ready.... Probably the most I have ever sweated in my entire life lol

Today was a 3.75 mile jog

Gym mañana
                I've done that before. Filled my waders up with sweat too!

I was doing good on the weight loss, so I thought. I don't really need to lose the wight, I just wanna lose the fat. A buddy at the gym completed in a men's physique contest this past weekend in Austin and came in 1st place. That's the first time he's even placed. H'es tried to get me to compete, but I'm too old and too set in my eating habits for that. He showed me his first place picture with his trophy and i swear he looked like a bobble head.

I got down to 232 and now back up to 234, but I ate like crap from Thursday on through the weekend. Pizza, burgers and then a hot dog party at the house yesterday did me in I think.

Changed it up a little for this week. Chest and back supersets today. I didn't do much in the way of ab work today so I'll make up for it tomorrow. Got warmed up and then tore it up this morning.

Incline smith machine chest press. Hit every setting all the way to flat bench and increasing the weight every setting/Long bar row 5 reps, hold 5 seconds, 5 reps, hold 5 seconds, 5 more reps
                Inverse grip chest press/inverse grip row (5/5/5 as above)
                V-bar row (5/5/5)/Cable crossover 5/5/5

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Shoulders and legs today and keeping with my 5/5/5 superset routine. Started on the treadmill and then 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets.

Military press/Leg extension/incline situp
                  Lateral raise/supersquat/incline leg raise
                  Rear delt cable fly/seated calf raise/hanging leg raise
                  Front raise/bilateral shoulder press/cable rotation

I'll be in the box tomorrow for a 10X10 beat down.

Comment

Made it to the gym yesterday did my standard cardio, core, PT but finally mixed in BB Bench and Overhead dumbbell tri extension. First time I have don either of those since the end of March...

Today was a 3.1 mile jog while doing inspections throughout the district.

Comment

I had to convince myself to get outta bed this morning and I'm starting to think I shoulda stayed in bed. I'm pretty sure I dislodged my spleen, pancreas, liver, kidney or all of the above. Treadmill, bicycle and abduction machine warmup then two different 5X10 workouts in the box. It started out as a 10X10, but I changed somethings up after 5 rounds due to pain in my elbow.

Standing BB shoulder press
                      Wide grip bodyweight pull up
                      Weighted crunch
                      20 yard weighted sled sprint
                      Ball slams w/a squat

Changed it up to:

DB chest press
                      V-bar bodyweight pullup
                      20 yard weighted sled sprint
                      Sit up
                      Kettle bell swing
                      20 yard weighted sled sprint.

I'm pretty sure I need a full body heating pad right now. Back into the regular gym tomorrow with back and legs.

Comment

Quick 35 min session this AM.

Stairs for cardio
                        Arm bike, DB curls, and DB forearm rotations for PT
                        Lat pull down and seated row for back
                        Ended with a core routine.

Will miss tomorrow more and likely as I will we driving to Bastrop for a training session with the pup first thing in the morning and then out to Hardin in the evening to snag my can am for this weekend's dove hunting trip.

Comment

Got rained out from running this morning. Not complaining, this rain is a Godsend. Seriously thought about getting after it anyway but don't have a good way to keep my phone dry. First world problems...

Comment

I ran a tad late getting to the gym this morning, but I made it in time to get nearly all of it done. Warm up on the treadmill and the bicycle and skipped the abduction machine. 2 warmup sets followed by 3 working supersets for back and legs. Sticking with the 5/5/5 plan for this week.

BB row/deadlift/incline situp
                            BB row inverse grip/supersquat/incline leg raise
                            Low row neutral grip/prone leg curl/wide grip lat pull

I'll probably get giant sets tomorrow for biceps, triceps and chest. We shall see. Right now, I need a full body heating pad and some ibuprofen!

Comment

We made the gym a hair early today which made for a good morning workout. My usual pre-warmup activity and then 3 warmup sets and 3 working giant sets for chest, biceps and triceps with some abs thrown in. 5/5/5 for all the chest and tricep work. Straight 10 reps for the biceps. I'm really looking forward to a recovery weekend.

Incline chest press on smith machine every setting all the way to flat bench/preacher curl/body wight dips
                              Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl/overhead rope extension/incline situp
                              Pec deck/overhead cable curl/skull crusher

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comment

We slept in a little on Monday and made it to the gym about 0930. It was a solid arse kicking day for sure. Chest and back supersets with 5 reps/hold contraction for 5 seconds/5 reps/hold it 5/5 more reps on every set. I'm feeling it today for sure. 3 sets each

Incline smith machine every setting to flat bench/wide grip row/incline situp
                                Inverse grip bench press/low row
                                Seated wide grip chest press/BB row inverse grip
                                Cable crossover/lat pull

Tuesday is legs and shoulders day. 5/5/5 gain today with more abs thrown in.

Military press/seated calf raise/incline situp
                                Seated lateral raise/leg extension/cable rotation
                                Front raise/prone leg curl/ab roller
                                Supersquat/rear delt cable fly/hanging leg raise

Hitting the dove field this afternoon for the firs time this season. Have a great week!

Comment

Working...
                                X