Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
    Gotcha

I can’t handle push pull upper body on the same day. Like triceps/biceps.

I can handle quads and hammys without much problem.

I think my issue really is my right elbow ligament is partially torn and needing TJ surgery. When I combo push pull, I think that ulnar nerve doesn’t get a chance to recover. I recently picked up some stretching techniques for that tendon I hope will keep the tendon from inflammation.

Good to see you hitting it hard, not many of us old timers still hittin’ it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I split the push/pull between upper and lower body for the most part. tomorrow will be all upper body push pull with a back and tricep day.

Back at it again today. Chest and hammy's and a bunch of abs thrown in for good measure. I've gotten used to sleeping in for the past 13 weeks so dragging my old butt outta bed is kinda tough right now, but I hope to get re-accustomed to early rising by the end of the week.

4 chest movements and 3 leg movements 3X10. Still keeping it kinda light to keep from getting so sore I can't move.

Bench press/prone leg curl/incline situp
    Decline bench press/deadlift/hanging leg raise
    Incline bench press/standing calf raise/weighted crunch
    Cable fly/ab roller

Back and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

No gym today. My wife got in late last night and she said she wanted to sleep in this morning, so we did. I'll make it tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Been a week since my bike wreck, getting back on it tonight. Haven't been able to do much of anything, my hip is feeling better now though. Time to get back on it!

Will try for about 30 miles and see how it feels.

Comment

I use an app called Body space. They have a lot of great routines created by well known body builders, etc... Some of the routines are about body building - yes, but many others are about transformation. Not really interested in losing weight per se, but losing FAT. Right now I am on one by Jim Stoppani called shortcut to shred. Combines eating program along with weight circuit and HIIT. Have lost 20 pounds so far and feel WAY better than when I was carrying the extra tires

Comment

About to knock out the PRP injections...

Would rather be doing cardio than this lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              About to knock out the PRP injections...

Would rather be doing cardio than this lol
              Screw absolutely everything about this crap.... Holy freaking ****....

Comment

Screw absolutely everything about this crap.... Holy freaking ****....
                I'm taking that to mean you won't do that again? Just the term "injections" turns me off! Although, I am considering a shot in my lower back to relieve the pain.

Chest and bicep supersets today. Treadmill/bicycle warmup and some hip abduction exercises then three warmup sets of bench press and DB curls before diving off into the working sets. 4 movements 3X8-10 a little heavier getting ready to start strip sets next week.

Bench press/preacher curl/incline situp
                Decline bench press/BB curl/hanging leg raise
                Inverse grip bench press/incline DB curl/cable rotation
                Hammer curl bar/cable fly

Have great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  I'm taking that to mean you won't do that again? Just the term "injections" turns me off! Although, I am considering a shot in my lower back to relieve the pain.

Chest and bicep supersets today. Treadmill/bicycle warmup and some hip abduction exercises then three warmup sets of bench press and DB curls before diving off into the working sets. 4 movements 3X8-10 a little heavier getting ready to start strip sets next week.

Decline bench press/BB curl/hanging leg raise
                  Inverse grip bench press/incline DB curl/cable rotation
                  Hammer curl bar/cable fly

Have great weekend!
                  I will not be doing it again awake.... Almost threw up when that 3" needle was jammed all the way against my bone....

Its been almost 48hrs since and my entire arm is still 90% useless

Comment

I will not be doing it again awake.... Almost threw up when that 3" needle was jammed all the way against my bone....

Its been almost 48hrs since and my entire arm is still 90% useless
                    That sounds awful. I think you should start drinking. Heavily. To break the pain.

Comment

Happy Monday! A pretty good gym day to start off the week. Back and leg supersets with strip sets for the back. I'm pretty sure my legs aren't ready enough for strip sets, but I did go heavier than usual. Treadmill, bicycle, abduction machine warm up then 3 warmup sets of lat pulldowns and leg extension before 3 working sets.

T-bar row/super squat/incline situp
                      Low row inverse grip/bilateral leg press/hanging leg raise
                      Bodyweight v-bar pullup/calf raises/ab roller

Comment

Well... I still have 3-4 weeks before I can get back into the gym but 24Hr fitness just closed over 25 gyms across the state this morning.

Luckily mine is remaining open but I can't imagine how packed that location is going to become now. Man this sucks...

Comment

Mama wanted to sleep in today, but I shamed her into going to the gym. HAHAHA! I got there a little late so I didn't get to completely finish what I wanted to do, but I got a good pump going that's for sure. a stroll on the treadmill, a little bicycle work and 3 warmup sets before 2 working sets of strip sets. I wanted to get 3 sets, but ran out of time. Chest and biceps.

Wide grip chest press/BB curl/cable rotation
                          Incline DB curl/pec deck/ab roller

Shoulders and hammies on the menu for tomorrow.

Comment

Slept in on Wednesday, but probably should have gone to the gym since I didn't sleep worth a flip. Slept pretty well last night and hit it this morning. Legs and tricep supersets 4X8-10 going a little heavier since I'm not near as sore any more.

Treadmill/bicycle/hip abduction and 3 warmup sets before 4 working sets.

Super squat/tricep push down
                            Prone leg curl/body weight dips
                            Leg extension/Overhead rope extension
                            Deadlift/cable kickbacks

My stepdaughter is getting married this weekend so I'll miss tomorrow, but I'll be back at it on Monday.

Comment

On the bench right now hitting some upper body work before heading to the shop.

Bench press pyramid, followed up with bi/tri’s and core!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Struggled with consistency last few weeks, but I had a great week this week. Really feel like I got my running fitness back, and even though I was all over the place the last few weeks, I gained another mph on my bike. I think I was over working the bike and just not recovering for the next day’s run. Backed off with bike intensity and have been enjoying my runs again.

About to retire a pair of running shoes due to mileage for the first time ever! Approaching 500 miles on them and will swap em out in another week or so when I cross that mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X