No announcement yet.

We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South of Ezzell is my old stomping grounds. Many bow hunts and adult beverages consumed in that area. Some of my best friends still live there.

Comment

Congrats!!!

We are trying to find a suitable name for our little place. So far, I’ve been referring to it as “Tierra de las Tres Hijas”, or “Tres Hijas” for short, but I’m not sure we’re fully settled on that and are open to suggestions!

Tierra deLas Tres Estrellas
      Rancho de Las Tres Estrellas
      Hacienda de Las Tres Estrellas

See you at Nanza with "Tres Gorditas"!
      Cat

Comment

We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

It’s been a little while since I’ve updated.

They got walls painted and carpet put in bedrooms and it made a huge difference.

The bathroom remodel was a big task that required busting concrete, but the tub and tile work looks good, IMO.

They laid the flooring this week and it makes all the difference!

They painted the cabinets, added a wall and installed a new “peninsula” in place of the old island.

Stolle came out yesterday to clean up some brush with his mulcher.

My wife is out of town for the weekend on a ladies hunt, so today I moved our OTA antenna and WeBoost mobile booster from the rent house and put them up on a 50’ retractable pole that I bought on CL. (It’s actually only extended about 35’ right now.)

I’m currently getting 24 OTA channels, although we mainly just watch the four major networks. I also got the Tablo working, which allows us to record the OTA channels from antenna and then broadcast the signal (live or recorded) wirelessly to all the TVs (up to 6.)

I also got the weboost set up and went from ZERO signal inside the barndo to 4 bars LTE in the middle of the living room!

The WeBoost also boosted the signal to my Nighthawk Router/Hotspot for internet. At the moment, I’m getting over 35’Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload inside the building.

By comparison, I typically get 3-5 Mbps down and around .5 up using our line-of-sight internet at the old place. Oh, and I’m paying $65 less per month than I did with the previous service!

There’s still quite a bit of work to be done but we’re pushing to move in by next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looking good señor

Comment

Tres Daughters!!-

Comment

Great progress Michael. Congrats...coming right along.

Comment

Michael, how much are you paying for the Nighthawk router/hotspot? We need to upgrade our internet & have limited options. I don’t know anything about the Nighthawk. Thanks

Comment

The Nighthawk itself was pretty expensive. AT&T has plans that range in price, but there are services online that package up large blocks of data for about $60/mo. (Unlimited/no throttle) I was able to achieve the same for $35 with a prepaid data only plan (with recurring monthly billing.)

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looking good boss

Happen to know the color of the floors in the kitchen? I assume that's tile?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good.

Super happy for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        The Nighthawk itself was pretty expensive. AT&T has plans that range in price, but there are services online that package up large blocks of data for about $60/mo. (Unlimited/no throttle) I was able to achieve the same for $35 with a prepaid data only plan (with recurring monthly billing.)

Thank you - I will have to look into it.

Comment

Congrats on the New Casa

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So is the prepaid data plan from At&t? Thanks

Comment

Boss, WWE fan?

I had that scene on last night too.

Place is shaping up nice!

Comment

Lots of work but so rewarding. Looking great

Comment

Working...
                                X