Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Charles and thank you everyone for the congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post
      My boys and I had a good opening weekend in Fort McKavett in spite of the acorns raining down. My 15yo and I shot does. My 16yo took a big boar out Saturday morning and a nice 8 Monday morning. I saw one of our big shooters but no shot due to the pigs pushing him out. Maybe next trip.
      Nice job. Congrats on the kills. 👍

Comment

El General...That’s a monster rack. Giant!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          Here’s a few quick pictures of my opening morning 10pt.

Got the video done but wasn’t able to use my laptop for it like usual...Sucker crashed I guess.
          Was forced to make the video on my iPhone. Not ideal but I got it done at least.
          Pretty special deer, congrats again BD!

Comment

Thanks Jack.
            He’s definitely a special buck to me. Glad y’all were there.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              One of the members on our place killed a stud on Monday afternoon. 171.5”. I don’t think we have a single game camera picture of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Monster. Even more unique the way the rack is crooked on his head. Never seen that

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Monster. Even more unique the way the rack is crooked on his head. Never seen that

I thought it was just me, I didn’t want to say anything...

Comment

Great deer!

We've seen some nice 3.5yo's. No shooters yet. Too green, too hot and too full of a moon last weekend. I'm working all weekend and will hunt tomorrow morning before working tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                    Great deer!

We've seen some nice 3.5yo's. No shooters yet. Too green, too hot and too full of a moon last weekend. I'm working all weekend and will hunt tomorrow morning before working tomorrow night.
                    This isn’t a bad weekend to miss with the extreme heat

Comment

I got busted good this morning. Dead calm and had the ozonics running. They took one whiff and started blowing’ and goin’
                      I can’t say I’m a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                        Great deer!

Get that new bow bloody

And wow on that chocolate horned beast. Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          I got busted good this morning. Dead calm and had the ozonics running. They took one whiff and started blowing’ and goin’
                          I can’t say I’m a believer.
                          Get rid of the ozonics, too expensive too much hassle to keep running. start using EverCalm on your boots and on your Blind windows or on your tree. I have deer always in front of me, with the wind blowing to them and they never get spooked. had them follow me in with your nose on the ground where I walked, and where i hand corn on the ground. I’ve been using it for years here and in Michigan in the trees, stuff is great and worth every penny.
                          Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 10-11-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                            Get rid of the ozonics, too expensive too much hassle to keep running. start using EverCalm on your boots and on your Blind windows or on your tree. I have deer always in front of me, with the wind blowing to them and they never get spooked. had them follow me in with your nose on the ground where I walked, and where i hand corn on the ground. I’ve been using it for years here and in Michigan in the trees, stuff is great and worth every penny.

Been busted with Evercalm(used it for 4 years with mixed results) and Ozonics. I had deer turn around with ozonics on... same deer returned with ozonics off. Had that happen more than once. I no longer own it. I’m pretty much giving up on scent gimmicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Been busted with Evercalm(used it for 4 years with mixed results) and Ozonics. I had deer turn around with ozonics on... same deer returned with ozonics off. Had that happen more than once. I no longer own it. I’m pretty much giving up on scent gimmicks.
                              Never used the ozonics, but many sprays and other things. This year so far I've done nothing and been busted less. Just adjusted stands, hung new sets to open up my options to varying winds.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of young stuff at the feeders this weekend, but nothing worth shooting at. Saw a bunch I’d young 8’s. The one 4 yo 8 I saw wasn’t more than 70”. I had a 4 yo small racked 10 come in, but wouldn’t cooperate. Hung out with Texan16 and talked to RReagan also. Was PLENTY hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X