Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice 8. Congrats to your nephew.

Comment

Here’s a few quick pictures of my opening morning 10pt.

Got the video done but wasn’t able to use my laptop for it like usual...Sucker crashed I guess.
      Was forced to make the video on my iPhone. Not ideal but I got it done at least.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post

Got the video done but wasn’t able to use my laptop for it like usual...Sucker crashed I guess.

Was forced to make the video on my iPhone. Not ideal but I got it done at least.

Unbelievable! I can’t remember the last opener where you didn’t kill a toad on opening weekend! Congrats Brandon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer!

Comment

You are like clockwork, man. Great buck!

Comment

That’s a dang toad !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful buck Brandon!!! I was wondering where your usual opening day buck was

Congratulations man!

Comment

Congrats nice bucks

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Nice going guys, lotta good looking deer!

Comment

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Congrats to all of y’all that were able to connect this weekend. Some very nice deer killed this opener. Most of y’all I’ve already talked to but congrats again!

We weren’t so lucky. This was one of the worst openers since the drought days for us. This year it’s the acorns and green everywhere that had deer spread out every where but the feedpens. You could watch 5-6 deer under various oak motts throughout the day o out in our open field with the dang cows mowing down fresh forbs. I’ve gone from 10-15 deer in a pen and murdering the times protein to 1-3 deer and that same protein stacked up in the trays and corn on the ground. I love the rain at our our place for the most part but this is why I absolutely hate the huge rains in September right before bow season. It shuts us down every year. With as much food that’s on the ground I don’t see it picking up much for awhile unfortunately. I didn’t even trap coons on the feedpens were were frequenting as they and the porcupines help keep the corn and protein from stacking up too high. I guess I’ll pig hunt locally until I see some improvement on the Coverts.

Comment

Giant!!!! Love Irion County deer, congrats

Comment

All I can say it's been tough 5 days at our place, haven't quite seen it that way in my years that I can remember. Maybe next week will get better.

Comment

Myself, HSBTgarcia, Boyles77, and HSB's son are supposed to head over for a weekend hunt in Fort McKavett on the 16th. I sure hope they cooperate a little bit for us.

Comment

Same here, thanks for all the encouragement. I'm going to go sit in a hot tree surrounded by dropping acorns and no deer, according to the reports, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X