Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    We have some solid bucks but I don’t think any to write home about. Not sure if any even touch 130s so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Feeder! What is the capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
      Nice Feeder! What is the capacity?
      2K lb

I have never topped off with corn but have got 39 sacks of protein in them to verify haha

Comment

3rd Fire.....this is a pain in the ***.

Comment

We did get TWO krivomans and two 600lb feeders. This is all mainly thanks to Biggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            We did get TWO krivomans and two 600lb feeders. This is all mainly thanks to Biggs.

Man thats nice. Sorry bout the fires bro. We had a close call earlier this summer.

Comment

We have had a couple really small fires on our place, one was still burning a little when I pulled up. Luckily they have gotten to all of them quick and didn’t burn more than an acre or two.
              We have been lucky because it’s a dry SOB out there right now. Hope this heat lays off some soon.

Comment

Anyone on here hunt the Angelo state park or twin buttes public hunting areas?? I am working in Angelo and want to try to hunt the areas... not asking for anyone’s honey hole just an idea as to what I might encounter as far as crowds and deer populations??

Comment

Made a run out to the ranch Saturday. It was the hottest day I can remember this summer.

Hasn’t rained in 2 months and all trees and bushes are starting to lose leaves or turn brown.

The dust is biblical.

Drilled 3 new water wells last week - rigging them out on solar pumps ASAP.

I saw a dead axis deer off the highway at about the sterling/Tom green co line off 163. Maybe they are moving further south. I haven’t seen them yet but that would be cool.

Comment

Heat didn’t bother me as bad but the dust is bad. Bout as dry as we have been in last couple yrs I think.

Comment

Was hot this weekend but deer are all looking healthy. Looks like most of what’s showing up on cameras are hard horned already
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't have anything rubbed out that I saw around angelo, out near Iraan I think I saw 1 buck on cam rubbed out.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          Was hot this weekend but deer are all looking healthy. Looks like most of what’s showing up on cameras are hard horned already
                          Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            I don't have anything rubbed out that I saw around angelo, out near Iraan I think I saw 1 buck on cam rubbed out.
                            Yea I only had one as of yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                              Looking good!
                              Thanks. Waiting to get better pics but I think that one may be young enough to let walk.

Finally went through a couple of the other cameras and as of yesterday is looks like about half the bucks are still in velvet

Comment

Really glad to see this guy made it and it back. Didn’t have any cam pics of him last year but saw him a couple times in nov and dec
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X