Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend lease project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ love it! That is awesome! Those little fellas will remember that the rest of their life.

Comment

That’s awesome! We might have to steal that idea for the summer [emoji1303]

Comment

Well I won’t complain about those random summer storms. At 1/2” already today and still raining a little

Comment

Got a little over 6 tons of protein out this weekend as a group and got all our water stations up and filled. I think we are up to 7 water stations now along with water troughs in each pasture at the windmills. Deer looked very healthy. Was still a little green but drying up quick. Saw tons of deer. Even got to try out my new long range toy and took a nice eater size pig. Another member shot two Catalina’s and another got a nice boar. Overall a great weekend. My boys did not want to leave.

Comment

Nicely done. Working on feeders this week out here in Water Valley.

Comment

Nicely done.

We had a great time this weekend as well. I got well water hooked up to the trailer, filled feeders, and put my push mower to the test.
                Sure was green compared to 2-3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  Nicely done.

We had a great time this weekend as well. I got well water hooked up to the trailer, filled feeders, and put my push mower to the test.
                  Sure was green compared to 2-3 weeks ago.

How do y'all keep that tank so clear? We've used blue stone/copper sulfate in the past, but our swim tank actively feeds livestock troughs so we are limited to what we can put in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                    Got a little over 6 tons of protein out this weekend as a group and got all our water stations up and filled. I think we are up to 7 water stations now along with water troughs in each pasture at the windmills. Deer looked very healthy. Was still a little green but drying up quick. Saw tons of deer. Even got to try out my new long range toy and took a nice eater size pig. Another member shot two Catalina’s and another got a nice boar. Overall a great weekend. My boys did not want to leave.

Those goats make good skull mounts and amazing pulled cabrito/barbacoa, even those billies. We have ferrel goats on our ranch and eat them semi regularly. Never had a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      How do y'all keep that tank so clear? We've used blue stone/copper sulfate in the past, but our swim tank actively feeds livestock troughs so we are limited to what we can put in it.

I just bought the cheap chlorine floater deal from Walmart with the standard size chlorine tablets.
                      I think our tank is about 12000 gallons so put in 2 cubes.

Constant water flow into the tank is probably important as well.
                      When the sun shines - I’d guess ours does 2-4 GPM from a solar well.

Comment

I just bought the cheap chlorine floater deal from Walmart with the standard size chlorine tablets.
                        I think our tank is about 12000 gallons so put in 2 cubes.

Constant water flow into the tank is probably important as well.
                        When the sun shines - I’d guess ours does 2-4 GPM from a solar well.

Gotcha, yeah we can't chlorinate ours...struggle continues.

Comment

Filled feeders and did some cedar clearing work on Saturday. It was HOT.

These two Javis don’t even run away when I pull up to the feeder. They just stand about 20 yards off in a cedar bush. Looks like they had an argument last week.

Comment

Filled feeders and did some cedar clearing work on Saturday. It was HOT.

These two Javis don’t even run away when I pull up to the feeder. They just stand about 20 yards off in a cedar bush. Looks like they had an argument last week.

Cool pic! Wish we had more of those javis. They are fun to hunt

Comment

Wow, didn't even know we had Javi in the area. Where are you hunting with Javi showing up?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                                Wow, didn't even know we had Javi in the area. Where are you hunting with Javi showing up?
                                We have some south of Robert Lee.

Comment

Working...
                                X