• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

Add one more from McMullen co #208

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

Shot this one with a 6.5 PRC this am and shot another one shortly after.

Comment

Just now

Click image for larger version

Name:	828B02B3-EA1B-40A0-801A-77510C1C4B37.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	24639177

Comment

Shot one just before dark. It snowed pretty good here and it's got them moving. 70 yard shot with the .223/55 grain softpoint.

Comment

Two in Maverick County, 213 & 214

Name:	IMG_0412.jpg
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	24639246

Name:	IMG_0435.jpg
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	24639247

Comment

Got another one today. Was heading to a spot I normally do pretty good at to call. Was driving in and saw one 70 yards from the road so I pull into where I always park which is pretty hidden because of the tall weeds. I decided since it didn't see me I was going to sneak around and try and get a shot without having to call. I got on my knees and inched my way towards the end of the weed row where I could get a 150'ish yard shot. I could barely see over the weeds but I could see the coyote and it was just out there mousing. I got to the end of the weed row and sat up on my monopod.

I had closed the gap to about 200 yards and the coyote stood up and started walking straight away from me and sat down again at around 300 yards. I got my call out of my pocket and squeaked 5 times and she turned around and here she came straight to me. When she got to about 70 yards I squeaked again so she'd stop but she just picked up the pace. At around 60 yards I barked and then yelled so she'd stop. She never paid that one bit of attention so I put the crosshairs on her head and squeezed the trigger. Hit right over the top of her and she took off. I shot again and I'm pretty sure I grazed her because she knipped at something and kicked it up a notch. I jacked another shell in my gun but by this time the wall of weeds was in my way so I stood up and got one more shot off. At the shot I heard the bullet connect at 115 yards and she did 3 1/2 front flips. Had I waited a split second longer to shoot she'd have gotten away. I don't know for sure but I think she's the smallest coyote I've ever shot. I'd guess she weighed 15-18 pounds.

So basically I pulled off one of the worst and one of the best shots I've made on a coyote today within seconds of each other. I'd like to think the offhand shot I made cancels out the misses.

Comment

Suppressed .22, about 40 yards

Comment

Name:	73273054-0BBB-4068-A18A-CCC17997A1D0.jpeg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	24639260

#217, caught in a snare. Dispatched with a 22mag

Comment

https://youtu.be/BSMyOZ4LOXU

Comment

+2 and total is 220 . Also got a bonus bobcat in the same sit as the double coyotes while deer hunting.

Comment

Shot another one on the run this evening at 125'ish yards. I might need to go get a lottery ticket. That's two in a row I've killed on the run.

Comment

Killed a female with my .270 last week!

Comment

Killed one,got winded by one and flat missed a coyote today. So basically I really sucked it up today. 1 out of 3......not too happy about it. Amateur hour right here needs to get his crap together.

The one I called in and got killed showed up at about the 24 minute mark and checked up out on a hill and wouldn't come any closer. So I went ahead and shot her at 230 yards.

Weighed my coyote from yesterday and he was 47.6 pounds. Still doesn't make educating those two today any better.

#223.......kind of ironic cause that's what I killed it with. 55 grain Remington holllowpoint to the chest.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 12-19-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Canadian coyotes

Here’s a few from southern Alberta to add into the mix. Interesting the one coyote was so pale you could hardly see it when it stopped moving. This other one, a decent sized male, was dark and had tons of black hi lights in its hair.
                              Last edited by ABbowhunter; 12-20-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Pics

Got the pics to work...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X