No announcement yet.

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another one with the .223 this morning.

Comment

Are you guys using night vision? Are you putting any attraction spray on the snag traps

Comment

196 and 197

Got two at the lease this weekend with the Fox Pro

Comment

Just couldn’t resist the baby cottontail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up doing this with my dad in Iowa....drive around and check fence lines in the winter. Easy to spot with snow. Now in Texas/Oklahoma that won't be happening for me lol.

I want to get a good calling system after Christmas. What do you guys suggest?

Comment

199. Came after cat. Double. Pup distress.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jags26 View Post
                I grew up doing this with my dad in Iowa....drive around and check fence lines in the winter. Easy to spot with snow. Now in Texas/Oklahoma that won't be happening for me lol.

I want to get a good calling system after Christmas. What do you guys suggest?
                Foxpro

Comment

Trail set, Wyoming and a female.
                  Be back out in the morning checking traps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

204 shot 5 last night but couldn’t find one so not gonna count it.

Comment

I am a diehard hunter and don’t have an issue with killing varmints can can kill you and or destroy crops etc. however I hate the thought of using leg traps because of the pain inflicted on the animal for hours perhaps days before it is dispatched...it is legal so do it however you see fit but I’m a softie when it comes to try to make a quick and clean kill with minimal pain to the animals.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
                        I am a diehard hunter and don’t have an issue with killing varmints can can kill you and or destroy crops etc. however I hate the thought of using leg traps because of the pain inflicted on the animal for hours perhaps days before it is dispatched...it is legal so do it however you see fit but I’m a softie when it comes to try to make a quick and clean kill with minimal pain to the animals.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!
                        I don't know about everywhere else but by law you have to check traps every 24 hours in Oklahoma. My buddies trap a lot of coyotes using footholds. I've only caught a few animals with a foothold. The badger I caught was sleeping when I got there. I don't think there's near as much suffering involved as people would think. The last coyote I shot had gotten out of a foothold trap. I could see the marks on his back foot. After a while their foot goes to sleep so I'm sure that's how he was able to slip out of it.

Comment

There isnt as much pressure as you think. Next time you in academy set one up and then set it off with your hand. It isnt even strong enough to break a finger. Every animal I have killed with them was calm cool and collected till I arrived. If you go look up videos they freak out for the first few minutes then quickly settle down.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I suck at trapping coyotes. Just throwing that out there.LOL I've only caught one and it was in a live trap believe it or not. Pretty cool but that was kind of a rare deal.

Comment

# 205. Shot this one about a month ago. It had been stalking deer for about a hour before I was able to get a shot on him.

Attached Files

Comment

206 and 207

Comment

Working...
                                X