Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Dang y’all killed them! Where y’all fishing out of?

Got news from the mechanic, he is pretty sure the high pressure fuel pump is out. Said he has one that should work and will possibly have it on the water this evening. Fingers crossed.

Baffin, family has a house in the back of lauguna salada

Comment

Decent box this morning
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Got it, only private ramps are good to go. I guess I'll be fishing out of my buddies place in Key Allegro!
        No boat ramps in key allegro that I know of, our private one in harbor oaks is locked up too. Think you can put in at goose island or conn brown though.

Comment

Congrats again Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
            No boat ramps in key allegro that I know of, our private one in harbor oaks is locked up too. Think you can put in at goose island or conn brown though.
            Goose Island is a state park so likely closed too. No?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Not sure. Earlier this week I heard you could print a permit online and launch at goose island, may not be the case any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Conn brown, mickeys bar and grill, and hamptons landings all open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All right so the boat is up and running now high pressure fuel pump was out mechanic only hit me for 350$ for labor and parts. That’s the good.....

The bad.... he said there is a pin hole in the head from corrosion, it doesn’t leak under normal operating pressure but when he hooked up a water hose to the flush on the motor it was pushing water out of the head. He said that to redo the head would be upwards of 5-6k with parts and labor. He recommended running it till she gives up then a repower! Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.

Comment

All right so the boat is up and running now high pressure fuel pump was out mechanic only hit me for 350$ for labor and parts. That’s the good.....

The bad.... he said there is a pin hole in the head from corrosion, it doesn’t leak under normal operating pressure but when he hooked up a water hose to the flush on the motor it was pushing water out of the head. He said that to redo the head would be upwards of 5-6k with parts and labor. He recommended running it till she gives up then a repower! Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.

Dang, sorry to hear that Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Dang, sorry to hear that Chris.

Yeah thanks, the motor runs great but it’s just got that underlying issue.... we will see what happens hopefully it’ll hold on for a good while.

Comment

That sucks Chris. That’s the roll of the dice on a used boat. What size engine is it? Repower isn’t that bad, then you won’t have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          That sucks Chris. That’s the roll of the dice on a used boat. What size engine is it? Repower isn’t that bad, then you won’t have to worry about it anymore.

140 Suzuki

Comment

You got all that money just go buy you a new motor and be done with it. Lol

Comment

I'd do what the mechanic said, how old is the motor? We live in Rockport about 70% of the time, I'll come get you or find somebody that will. fwiw sea tow membership is cheap insurance, if your insured with progressive you probably already have it, worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                You got all that money just go buy you a new motor and be done with it. Lol

Shoot what money we are broke now lol

Comment

Working...
                                X