No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another solid morning throwing lures. I never expected July to be so good lol
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Y’all been whackin’ em. That is awesome.

10 days until I head down to Port A for a tournament I have fished in for 17 straight years. It is a weekend I look forward to all year.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
        Nice!! Did y’all go to Cathy’s afterwards?

No, had to head home. We brought the kiddos back this past wkd

Comment

Do any of you locals have a gut feeling about the weather forecast for this weekend? Have a bay trip planned for Friday and nearshore trip planned for Saturday....

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
            Do any of you locals have a gut feeling about the weather forecast for this weekend? Have a bay trip planned for Friday and nearshore trip planned for Saturday....

I’m watching it too. We’re booked Friday and Saturday at the Grosse Savanne Lodge in Lake Charles.

Comment

Nice ^^^ . I was going to sneak out this morning but that ain't happening , looks like this wet pattern is dug in.

Comment

I've had a guided trip booked for 4 months for this Saturday for a good buddy's birthday. Supposed to be wading in Galveston Bay with Nathan Gray and it aint lookin real good.

Comment

Anybody here got any experience on a Tran Baby Cat? Thinking real hard about ordering one.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Anybody here got any experience on a Tran Baby Cat? Thinking real hard about ordering one.

I almost bought a used one a few years back. Dont have any real time on one, but I did test run it, and man are they cool boats. I will own one someday. Just have to understand its a fair weather boat unless you run protected areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      I almost bought a used one a few years back. Dont have any real time on one, but I did test run it, and man are they cool boats. I will own one someday. Just have to understand its a fair weather boat unless you run protected areas.

...so in other words... Burn the shorelines when it's windy...

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

I’ve already got a bigger Tran, I was wanting small to mess around with. I’ve been looking at the little Chiquita’s and the Baby Cats.

Comment

Them Baby Cats are so freaking cute. I had the wife talked into buying herself one and then I built a **** pontoon barge so she backed out mumbling some garbage about not needing 3 boats.
                          Last edited by justletmein; 07-21-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I’ve been looking at the little Chiquita’s and the Baby Cats.
                            Been looking for something like this as well. I am keeping my eyes open for a 18' RFL, 18' Shallow Sport Classic, Baby Cat, 16' Shoalwater

I want something that I can play in the back lakes without damaging the big boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                              Been looking for something like this as well. I am keeping my eyes open for a 18' RFL, 18' Shallow Sport Classic, Baby Cat, 16' Shoalwater

I want something that I can play in the back lakes without damaging the big boat.
                              Yep. That’s where I’m at. I really liked the Chiquita’s at the boat show, but seems like the Baby Cat gives you a comparable performance, out of a bigger boat. I did see that Tran started making a 170 SVT Cat. I need to call Donnie and get some numbers for it. That may be the route I choose. Not sure. My little brother picked up a 15’ Shallow Sport Classic and it’s a sweet little rig too, super, super skinny boat.

Comment

heck, y'all just throw your kayak's on the big boat and launch off the mother ship, kinda like fishin' the Chandeleur's...

Comment

Working...
                                X