2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
    A few days late but these were from Copano the other day. Boat kept 19 trout and the one red. The pic is of my catch. Would of been a great tournament red as it was just over 27 1/2 and my friend I was fishing with said they couldn't find one in the their tournament a couple weeks ago. Tough finding fish but had a good time out on the water.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Nice Clint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      Thanks. I’m familiar with the gut to mule slough. Can you elaborate on where you fished Decros point? We actually have a camp on the Island.

Not too far from the pass. There used to be a big pile of trash, or an old fallen down shack, or something. That was my landmark. Theres a gut that runs north/south right towards that pile and the parallels the bank over to the pass. That cut on an outgoing tide really paid off. Its all pretty shallow around that gut so all the bait and fish seemed to funnel into it, and the trout would stack up near where the gut starts to parallel the bank.

Its been probably 10 years since ive fished it, so im hoping im explaining it correctly. But what I would do if youre needing a break is just idle parallel to the bank going away from the pass until you see the gut. Should be about 18” deeper than the flats on either side of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Not too far from the pass. There used to be a big pile of trash, or an old fallen down shack, or something. That was my landmark. Theres a gut that runs north/south right towards that pile and the parallels the bank over to the pass. That cut on an outgoing tide really paid off. Its all pretty shallow around that gut so all the bait and fish seemed to funnel into it, and the trout would stack up near where the gut starts to parallel the bank.

Its been probably 10 years since ive fished it, so im hoping im explaining it correctly. But what I would do if youre needing a break is just idle parallel to the bank going away from the pass until you see the gut. Should be about 18” deeper than the flats on either side of it.

Just noticed, you can actually see the gut in your first picture above.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

[emoji1360]

Comment

A BIG Thumbs Up to Glenn [Coastal Ducks] for a GREAT trip today!
            My sister asked me about taking her 4 grandsons fishing to a pond I have access to. I told her it would be hard for the boys to fish with the grass, so I asked Glenn if he was up to the task of taking 5 beginners fishing. I told him I would come along as a deckhand. He hit it out of the park! We anchored up on a reef & the niece & boys started stacking! It was all we could do to keep them baited up & casting for them at times. They ended up catching 17 trout & a drum. Me and Glenn didn't get in their way.
            THANKS Again Glenn!
            Megan, the boys. me & Glenn.

Comment

Thanks David! It was pretty hectic for a little while there but once we got in a rhythm we did pretty good. I enjoyed fishing with the little fellas and with Megan. Just so y'all know Megan is the real fish slayer. She was on fire today.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                My sister asked me about taking her 4 grandsons fishing to a pond I have access to. I told her it would be hard for the boys to fish with the grass, so I asked Glenn if he was up to the task of taking 5 beginners fishing. I told him I would come along as a deckhand. He hit it out of the park! We anchored up on a reef & the niece & boys started stacking! It was all we could do to keep them baited up & casting for them at times. They ended up catching 17 trout & a drum. Me and Glenn didn't get in their way.
                THANKS Again Glenn!

Awesome!

Comment

Caught us a nice little 2 man this morning on topwater. The wind kicked up earlier than we thought so we didn’t get to chase reds today.

Comment

Nice guys! That bay was flatter than Kate Moss this morning, I was drooling going over the Kemah bridge... unfortunately to work! Glad someone went out and did well!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      THANKS Again Glenn!

Very nice! Great seeing them kiddos out there, they look pumped!

Comment

Right place at the right time this morning! 28” trout throwing a hogie soft plastic in shallow mud looking for reds
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
                          Right place at the right time this morning! 28” trout throwing a hogie soft plastic in shallow mud looking for reds
                          Congrats Josh!

Comment

Nice fish Josh!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by josh w View Post
                                right place at the right time this morning! 28” trout throwing a hogie soft plastic in shallow mud looking for reds

nice!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X