2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
    What have you guys found works well for tool storage on your boats? I'm wanting to keep a small tool kit on board but not sure how to go about keeping them from rusting up. What have you guys found that works well for keeping the salt from eating away at tools?
    Depending on what you're keeping, vacuum seal them. I've had all sorts of "waterproof" stuff end up full of water. Having said that I have a yellow bass pro boat bag that I use as a full tool bag for my truck and usually bring that along in the boat, no problems so far. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...reme-boat-bags

Comment

The wife, kids and myself are thinking of renting a house on the river in matagorda from aug 1-4 if anyone might possibly want to split it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m willing to bet the weather pattern will change to sweet SE for the next two months and then in mid-September it will be back to unfishable...when I get back from work. You’re welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          The wife, kids and myself are thinking of renting a house on the river in matagorda from aug 1-4 if anyone might possibly want to split it with us.

dang that sounds legit. We have plans the following weekend but the tix have been axed for a second time. It may free up some vaca time and $$

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Same set up I use. It’s nice having that rod holder there if you need two hands, if you’re deep it keeps it up and out of the water.
            Not for me. I'll wade as deep as anyone and I still don't want a rod holder on my lure box.

Comment

It’s a gift I guess. Belly to chest deep water makes it reel easy. See what I did there??

Easy? You dunking your head under water to string your fish?

IDK, I don't ever have a problem dunking my reel. Ever. No matter how deep I wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                Easy? You dunking your head under water to string your fish?

IDK, I don't ever have a problem dunking my reel. Ever. No matter how deep I wade.

I caught myself 2 different times Saturday while changing lures, my reel was under water. I had the rod under my arm and I guess it slid down into the water. [emoji2371]

Comment

Back to back bigs from last week.... both were released right after the photo
                  Attached Files

Comment

I caught myself 2 different times Saturday while changing lures, my reel was under water. I had the rod under my arm and I guess it slid down into the water. [emoji2371]

Glenn’s head is flat, he sets his rod on his head to unhook a fish

Comment

The SW wind is still making things tough. Most days it's been half limits to limits of trout and still just a few reds here and there. But it looks like better days are near!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                        I just put a magnet in my rod and stick it to the steel plate in my head.

Comment

Port Mansfield Trout in South tx has been hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                            I just put a magnet in my rod and stick it to the steel plate in my head.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post

[emoji848][emoji24]

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                                We will be down there first weekend of next month. Looking to fish Pita Island down to Emmords Hole as it seems a little bit deeper and we dont know the area. If it looks okay, I have intentions in checking out the area between north/south bitd islands as well. Running at 20’ pathfinder. This sound like a decent place to start?

Glad to hear yall had a good trip too. Few limits each day is pretty solid to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Yes sir we fished between pita and emmords for most of the trip. Almost all of the reds came from down there right where the flat drops off into the deeper water on the king ranch. We fished the flat then waded to the edge before we started catching them. We also did pretty good on the cc bayfront.

Comment

Working...
                                X