No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing I'd do is throw that rod holder away.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      this a good thing? myself and another tbhr will be headed down sunday and will be there until Thursday morning. Looks like wind will be E/SE for majority of the time maybe even a north wind at one short point. Think this could help??

edit: looks like full moon is on the menu as well.
      You sure about that full moon? We just had a full moon about 10 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
        You sure about that full moon? We just had a full moon about 10 days ago.
        knew I shoulda double checked that. I stand corrected, good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I am done with those back hurting wade belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I fished with the Nu-mark shoulder bag similar to that for years, love the access to all my stuff. In the shallower areas its a PITA as it wants to swing around and get in the way when trying to land a fish.

Agree with Glenn, ditch that rod holder, it’ll be in the way and you’ll likely never use it.

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

That’s one of the reasons I like it. I find my reel underwater a lot when I’m taking fish off. I’d say stringing fish, but I don’t hardly catch anything big enough to keep.

Phillip has one and the rod holder was handy IMO.

Comment

That’s one of the reasons I like it. I find my reel underwater a lot when I’m taking fish off. I’d say stringing fish, but I don’t hardly catch anything big enough to keep.

You are Mayhem, how do you get your reel underwater so much?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                You are Mayhem, how do you get your reel underwater so much?

It’s a gift I guess. Belly to chest deep water makes it reel easy. See what I did there??

Comment

It’s a gift I guess. Belly to chest deep water makes it reel easy. See what I did there??

Haha, nice one.

Yeah, I could see that, I stay away from water that deep.

Comment

I am done with those back hurting wade belts.

Made my own.

Waterproof box from Walmart ($5.97), 2 carabiners ($1.50), paracord ($4.97).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I think the last time they got him he posted a picture of 12-13 fish on the floor his boat and said he got his limit and threw the rest back after a picture.
                      On several occasions. Then the whole bait bucket deal. But really? Did he get so butt hurt he took his toys and went home?

My latest wade belt is one of those deals with gaskets on it. I took some broke ratchet strap and screwed it to the sides. It stays pretty dry unless I'm in the surf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Same set up I use. It’s nice having that rod holder there if you need two hands, if you’re deep it keeps it up and out of the water.

Comment

What have you guys found works well for tool storage on your boats? I'm wanting to keep a small tool kit on board but not sure how to go about keeping them from rusting up. What have you guys found that works well for keeping the salt from eating away at tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                            What have you guys found works well for tool storage on your boats? I'm wanting to keep a small tool kit on board but not sure how to go about keeping them from rusting up. What have you guys found that works well for keeping the salt from eating away at tools?
                            Ziploc bag with the tools wrapped in a towel soaked with CLP.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Same set up I use. It’s nice having that rod holder there if you need two hands, if you’re deep it keeps it up and out of the water.
                              Thats what your mouth is for! Know im walking into this one but the rod just goes into my mouth when im stringing a fish.

Fished last weekend in the upper Laguna and had an awesome trip. First day was a little rough and had to work for them second day was alot better...once we figured out where the fish werent! Tide was way low compared to what it has been all year so just had to figure out where they dropped off too.

First day caught 2 limits of trout and 3 reds on top waters second day had 3 limits of trout and 4 reds. Mix of top waters and croakers on the second day when my little brother came down. Fun times and was hot as hell!!

Will be headed back at the end of the month for another round

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                Thats what your mouth is for! Know im walking into this one but the rod just goes into my mouth when im stringing a fish.

Fished last weekend in the upper Laguna and had an awesome trip. First day was a little rough and had to work for them second day was alot better...once we figured out where the fish werent! Tide was way low compared to what it has been all year so just had to figure out where they dropped off too.

First day caught 2 limits of trout and 3 reds on top waters second day had 3 limits of trout and 4 reds. Mix of top waters and croakers on the second day when my little brother came down. Fun times and was hot as hell!!

Will be headed back at the end of the month for another round

We will be down there first weekend of next month. Looking to fish Pita Island down to Emmords Hole as it seems a little bit deeper and we dont know the area. If it looks okay, I have intentions in checking out the area between north/south bitd islands as well. Running at 20’ pathfinder. This sound like a decent place to start?

Glad to hear yall had a good trip too. Few limits each day is pretty solid to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X