Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice haul Jake

Comment

I heard Baffin was on fire this year. Congrats.

Comment

Nice guys! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          Plant has been killing it there.

Comment

Still better than fighting 3000 idiots in matagorda harbor and matagorda bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Course is much lighter on traffic than the water.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post

Fish are carrying their weight pretty late this year. Lots of solid keeper fish, we caught a 5 man limit of trout this morning by 9:30. Surprisingly not many boats on the water this morning

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  Fish are carrying their weight pretty late this year. Lots of solid keeper fish, we caught a 5 man limit of trout this morning by 9:30. Surprisingly not many boats on the water this morning
                  I agree. That the fish in Baffin are very healthy this year. I’ve fished down there twice in June and caught solid fish both times. I haven’t found the numbers y’all have but catching good numbers of quality fish fishing the rocks. Are y’all finding the fish shallow or deep ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Y'all can keep this holiday fishing, bet you could walk across the bay and not get wet...
                    You're probably right . I know one thing, this Covid stuff has definitely increased the number of people on the water. Funny how so many people now have the time to go fishing when they're "working from home" .

Comment

Congrats Jake! Nice box of solid fish.

Seems like the whole Laguna is fishing well this year and hope it stays that way. We are headed south next weekend then will be there the 27th-4th.

Comment

I guess everyone stayed home like you guys. I was expecting a madhouse. What a total surprise, it was the lightest traffic saturday I have seen in a couple months. Usually on the 4th we will be tied up 3 to 4 boats deep in the morning. This morning there weren't even enough boats to take up the whole dock 1 deep. Now, after first light they did trickle in all morning but it was nothing compared to usual.

Unfortunately the bite was tough this morning. I am pretty much sick of this west wind and coupled with the full moon it's a pretty trying situation. You get a little bite at first light and then it's a long wait until they eat again. Mid day there is another little bite but it's dang hard to keep folks going that long w/o them giving up.

The good news is that means we are one day closer to it turning back around and when it does we are gonna beat the brakes off 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                          I agree. That the fish in Baffin are very healthy this year. I’ve fished down there twice in June and caught solid fish both times. I haven’t found the numbers y’all have but catching good numbers of quality fish fishing the rocks. Are y’all finding the fish shallow or deep ?

Haven’t fished rocks yet this year, the fish have been at about 3 1/2’ of water over hard sand bottoms is what we have found.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            Haven’t fished rocks yet this year, the fish have been at about 3 1/2’ of water over hard sand bottoms is what we have found.
                            Well you definitely got them figured out cause y’all seem to be doing very well. Keep up the good work. About the farthest I’ve been is white bluff. Are y’all fishing pretty far back in Baffin?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                              Well you definitely got them figured out cause y’all seem to be doing very well. Keep up the good work. About the farthest I’ve been is white bluff. Are y’all fishing pretty far back in Baffin?

Yes we have a house right next to Williamson’s boat ramp and put in there every morning. We haven’t run any further than starvation point this year. Burned 4 gallons of fuel this morning and 3 gallons yesterday morning. Next time you get down this way check out kleberg point at first light even with the windmill or kenedy point by the old loading dock fishing back to the point.

Comment

Had some solid reds today and a few flounder only 1 was legal. Couldn’t find any trout. Good day on the water and boat traffic wasn’t to bad except on quarantine shore line 27 boats on anchor in less than 1.5 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X