2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    We fished with Glenn(coastalducks) today. We put together a real nice box despite some of the worst conditions there are, SSW gusting to about 30. If y’all are looking for a guide in Matagorda, Glenn will put you on em.

A couple of those are funny looking trout

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      That big croak was 14 or 15” I can’t remember exactly. My wife caught it. We shrimped it but I did chunk some lures and we put some in the box on plastics.

Comment

They turn crispy golden brown just like a trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          They turn crispy golden brown just like a trout.
          So does Hardhead

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            We fished with Glenn(coastalducks) today. We put together a real nice box despite some of the worst conditions there are, SSW gusting to about 30.
            I enjoyed fishing with yall again.

Slow start but we ended up doing ok.

Comment

So does Hardhead

Sounds like the voice of experience.

Comment

Sounds like the voice of experience.
                Hey I'll try anything once...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Seems like most people I’ve seen keep everything close and then cull them out when they get back to the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  And that is total BS. If you are gonna keep em, keep em. If you are going to let em go, let em go. Don't carry them around in your purse for a couple hours, dump them in the floor of your boat and then let them go. And video it so you can throw trout destined to be crab bait back as you say something like "Oh, she kicked off strong!". Yall know what I am talking about.

Comment

And that is total BS. If you are gonna keep em, keep em. If you are going to let em go, let em go. Don't carry them around in your purse for a couple hours, dump them in the floor of your boat and then let them go. And video it so you can throw trout destined to be crab bait back as you say something like "Oh, she kicked off strong!". Yall know what I am talking about.

I totally agree Glen. If it could go a 1/8 either way just throw it back.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                      Glen was good to meet ya this morning at the harbor. We ended with 7, I strung 3 on tours and KP and the other guy Daniel strung the remaining 4 on the croaker.

How did y’all fare? For us it seemed like the bite was earlyish. After 9:30 it seemed that it slowed way down.

Nice meeting you too. If I didn't already have my crew loaded up and ready to go I'd have visited some.

We ended up with a doz or so. Couple reds and a some trout.

Comment

I totally agree Glen. If it could go a 1/8 either way just throw it back.

I'm talking about the guys who carry big trout back to video their purse dump and then they 'revive' a couple big ones and relese them to the crabs.

Comment

I'm talking about the guys who carry big trout back to video their purse dump and then they 'revive' a couple big ones and relese them to the crabs.

That too. But keeping 8 or 10 in the bag and then culling them out to get the biggest for your 5 is a bit unethical IMO too.

Comment

That’s the best part about not catching any fish. Don’t have to worry about culling. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                              What GPS are you guys running? I need to decide on mine in the next few days. Leaning towards the Garmin 94sv.

Marking Stripers with my super compact Lowrance Elite-5HDI - with the 83/200khz HDS transducer

Using a "no holes in transom" STERN MATE to mount my transducer Tuned to surf and sound everything below the hull.

CHART
                              GPS
                              SONAR

Display will run 3 mode

I also run Google Earth on the IPhone along with INavX Marine Navigation.

The INavX app was "kick-arse" for spot checking a trip down the ICW from NOLA to Port Aransas a few years Ago - when Rack and I sailed a boat down the ditch a few years ago.

Sonar SEZ........

Here's the ride Rack and I ran down the ditch. Down below decks, I could chart and plot an electronic eye on the boys, when I needed some down time from running the boat.

The good thing about IPhone apps - the better apps - even if you lose cell coverage, some of the mobile nav apps have local tracking - where the app itself keeps track of course/speed with a far better "dead reckoning" tracking algorithm - marking plots with no cell site connection.

Don't forget your mobile phone - as a viable navigation tool. When it's someone else's boat - I'm on top of it no matter what.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-28-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

That too. But keeping 8 or 10 in the bag and then culling them out to get the biggest for your 5 is a bit unethical IMO too.

Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                                X