2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I wouldn’t waste my time with Matagorda, all the trout are in Galveston.
    Lol... there's been a few trips this year with me scratching my head believing this

I'm fishing tomorrow with my nephew in West, I'll have room for 1 more if anyone wants to join. This could be an all day trip so plan accordingly. Let me know.... be at the Harbor at 5:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Lol... there's been a few trips this year with me scratching my head believing this

I'm fishing tomorrow with my nephew in West, I'll have room for 1 more if anyone wants to join. This could be an all day trip so plan accordingly. Let me know.... be at the Harbor at 5:30.

Great offer and I'd love to join if I wasn't going to be in Tyler. I would love to join you on a trip some time if at all possible though. Different boats I know, but I'd still like to see the lay of the water with someone that knows it.

Good luck to y'all.

Comment

This job keeps getting in the way of my fishing.

We do need to put a midweek trip together like we did last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck bro. Thursday is the new Saturday. Lol. Amazes me how many boats I see going fishing in the morning when I’m on my way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Good luck bro. Thursday is the new Saturday. Lol. Amazes me how many boats I see going fishing in the morning when I’m on my way to work.
            Yup, should be fun! Good part is everyone leaves at 11 and goes home. There will be 3 boats on the bay at 1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
              Wow! That looks and sounds like a dang good time!!
              Fishing with a couple of Career Lawmen and a Career Coast Guardsman........let's just say I'm glad, we didn't deck a shark. May be bullet holes in the bottom of Glen's boat?

Fishing the Guadalupe River outflow - that's another world!

Alligators, drum, redfish and blue cats.....all in one zone. Not many places inshore where you can mix things up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                Fishing with a couple of Career Lawmen and a Career Coast Guardsman........let's just say I'm glad, we didn't deck a shark. May be bullet holes in the bottom of Glen's boat?

Fishing the Guadalupe River outflow - that's another world!

Alligators, drum, redfish and blue cats.....all in one zone. Not many places inshore where you can mix things up like that.

Gets like that once in a while at the upper end of Trinity Bay where the river channel dumps into the Bay... I've caught Trout, Reds, Gator gar and Blue Cats on touts on the same wade up there... Of course, I've also been walking along on hard shell and one step and I'm up to my... in the mushiest, stinkiest mud on the planet there too...

Comment

for you surf fishing gurus.....
                  Looking at the north winds for the next few days, what day would you fish?
                  Looking to take my 11 yo and want to time it right

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by david8017 View Post

Monday or Tuesday. But I’ve been wrong the last couple times. Lol. Get y’all some live shrimp and you should catch them.

Comment

Going to try again this weekend in surfside. Got the RV spot booked. Hope I can find a trout. Can you buy fresh mullet and finger mullet at the bait shops? My cast net is ripped.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Going to try again this weekend in surfside. Got the RV spot booked. Hope I can find a trout. Can you buy fresh mullet and finger mullet at the bait shops? My cast net is ripped.

Normally bait camps will have some mullet in SS.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Normally bait camps will have some mullet in SS.
                          Awesome thanks. Hopefully it's cheap or I'll just go buy a new net at wal mart.

Comment

Awesome thanks. Hopefully it's cheap or I'll just go buy a new net at wal mart.

Just tie up the rip with some mono.

Comment

Originally posted by david8017 View Post
                              I'm going to be off the water sunday-tuesday. My bet is it'll be flat as can be those days.

Edit- unless someone wants to fish Sunday. I can be persuaded.
                              Last edited by Capt Glenn; 06-10-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Ran away for a couple days in my brides car so can’t take the boat out. One flaty from shore sure beats working!!!

Now I’m chillaxin’ in the kiddie pool with a gin and tonic and Chris Stapleton jamin’...life is great!

Comment

Working...
                                X