2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Had a good time with Capt sharky the other day. It's been a while since I fought a fish for 10 or 15 minutes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It’s a monstaaaa. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      It’s a monstaaaa. Lol.
      That dude is a trip!!!

I cant imagine him hopped up on red bull or something. Great captain with a good fleet and I fish or recommend him any day of the week. The old salts in Galveston need to take notes from Sharky

and where you find down souths for 2.49?
      Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

baits

That dude is a trip!!!

I cant imagine him hopped up on red bull or something. Great captain with a good fleet and I fish or recommend him any day of the week. The old salts in Galveston need to take notes from Sharky

Bet that was for the Hogies...no way dsl are that cheap

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
          Bet that was for the Hogies...no way dsl are that cheap

That’s what the DSL’s are marked....

Comment

That dude is a trip!!!

It’s an optical illusion, the Hogies are 2.49. That’s why I like them, cheap and effective.

Comment

No illusion on my screen! Clearly marked. Those work just as good for me too!!

Comment

Went to Surfside this AM. Pulled up in the dark & could tell it was rough. Went back to bait camp & bought a pint of bugs. Water was pretty good in color ,just ROUGH as HECK!!! Saw the guy next to me catch 2 on plastics as soon as he got in water. He fished till 9:30 or so & never strung another. It wasn't fast & furious ,but I did scrape up 5 for the stringer. I lost one when I put it on stringer & a big wave blind sided me. Jerked the stringer out of my hand when the wave caught the bucket & net. Only had him on there about 6 inches or so & stringer slid out of his jaw. I did let one go 25 + or - inches long. Big pretty & fat sow. It was a good day, just beat up & wore out now. LOL!

Comment

Is the surf any good in the afternoons/evenings? I'll be in Houston tomorrow and have nothing to do really. Might run down to the water with the ol man and see if we can snag a few.

Any decent walk-in spots?

Comment

The surf can be good in the evening. Just depends on water clarity and tide movement. Been pretty rough last few days. Plenty of places to go surf fishing. West end of galveston and surfside by Freeport.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      The surf can be good in the evening. Just depends on water clarity and tide movement. Been pretty rough last few days. Plenty of places to go surf fishing. West end of galveston and surfside by Freeport.
                      Sounds good. I don't fish there ever but I'll try any water when I can.

Comment

Can y'all recommend anyone in the Houston area for reel repair or cleaning?

Comment

I took a chance and hit the surf at Matagorda on Saturday morning. It was surprisingly rough and muddy. Beautiful morning with a north wind of about 5mph but it was trashed. My son caught 2 keepers early on a top water in that mess and I caught 1 before giving up around 7:30 in the morning. About 1 hour is all the beating we could take. Lots of sad faces up and down the beach front that morning.

We did follow it up with 2 limits Saturday evening fishing in POC.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            It’s an optical illusion, the Hogies are 2.49. That’s why I like them, cheap and effective.
                            I didn't even notice the hoagies. But, I should have known the turn and burn lures were there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Can y'all recommend anyone in the Houston area for reel repair or cleaning?
                              I use saltwater anonymous in Katy.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                I use Anglers anonymous in Katy.
                                If you're talkin' bout the guys across from the high school this is the place.
                                Good guys too!

Comment

Working...
                                X