2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    Drifting the flats of the Upper Laguna Madre casting stained water Saturday. Couple of specks and a few Redfish. Released 6 fish - then rolled home - clearing the crowds.

Noticed a lot of anchored boats soaking croakers and shrimp, few wade anglers doing likewise along the shorelines.

I encountered 5 different mud boils as I covered water. Black drum were tearing it up below - not sure what size but it appeared to be the smaller sized fish from the patches of mud they rooted up, and the depth of water I worked. Didn't have any shrimp so ignored the opportunities and drifted through them.

Been 5 months since I've fished - since December 2019. Good to finally get the skiff out and toss some lures. Winds were up - water off color - boats running everywhere and traffic on the Island = nasty.

Good day!

Neck Down !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have several of the old All Star rods. Most all are 7 footers... When I switched over to all 2-piece rods (for ease of air travel), the one piece ones became garage queens... got broken eyes on some of them, but I've replaced those before too... Thing is, they started with good blanks... Bout the time they sold out, then started Cast-away, their rods were tops... I switched to Cast-away about that time, then switched to American Rodsmiths when they moved on to there... Good rods!
      I did sell off all my old Curados too... Not so sure that was wise...

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
        Hey hully1029 , if you're looking for a good wading rod I have one of the original Castaway Med lt waders 6' "the Blue Wrap" you can have. I don't get to the coast often. All I do is chase those bucket mouth green fish.
        Heck yea! PM sent!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys thinking just bad fuel! Drained the filter then put it back because I don’t have a new one. Turned key fired up died turned key and pushed it in to choke fired up idling good maybe a tad bit rough but otherwise great.

Comment

I was using the Falcon Coastal “The Grinder” but I can’t find it in the split grip anymore. I just bought a couple of Castaway Skeleton Nanos, they’re not priced bad either at $129. I really like them so far. If you’re looking to save some money the Castaway Pro Sport is a nice rod for $79. That’s what I have my wife using. I’m not big into the expensive rods, I had a Hook Spit I paid $279 for and I broke it pretty quick. My $80 Falcon probably has a thousand fish on it and I ain’t broke it yet. It’s still the rod I grab when I jump out of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Ok guys thinking just bad fuel! Drained the filter then put it back because I don’t have a new one. Turned key fired up died turned key and pushed it in to choke fired up idling good maybe a tad bit rough but otherwise great.
              How old are those fuel lines to the engine?

Comment

Neck Down !!!!!!!!!
                Neck Down Navy - SON!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  How old are those fuel lines to the engine?
                  Couldn’t say. Haven’t owned the boat too long.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Couldn’t say. Haven’t owned the boat too long.
                    They can deteriorate on the inside and plug things up, as the particles float around you can go from running fine to dying and everywhere in between. If your motor has a fuel filter in the engine obviously check that but sometimes the debris won't even make it to that filter.

Comment

My little girl put her a pile together this evening. Think of all the baby croakers she just killed. Lol

Comment

that's awesome right there ^^^

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            My little girl put her a pile together this evening. Think of all the baby croakers she just killed. Lol

You know that was your bait! Lol good job Parker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              That's good stuff! When we have big croaker that someone wants to keep I always tell the croaker guys at the cleaning table that I caught their escapees.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                                Drifting the flats of the Upper Laguna Madre casting stained water Saturday. Couple of specks and a few Redfish. Released 6 fish - then rolled home - clearing the crowds.

Noticed a lot of anchored boats soaking croakers and shrimp, few wade anglers doing likewise along the shorelines.

I encountered 5 different mud boils as I covered water. Black drum were tearing it up below - not sure what size but it appeared to be the smaller sized fish from the patches of mud they rooted up, and the depth of water I worked. Didn't have any shrimp so ignored the opportunities and drifted through them.

Been 5 months since I've fished - since December 2019. Good to finally get the skiff out and toss some lures. Winds were up - water off color - boats running everywhere and traffic on the Island = nasty.

Good day!

Any plans to hit the surf soon Rob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X