No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Y'all Chris!! Looks like a Great time!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Congrats to Y'all Chris!! Looks like a Great time!!
      We are that’s for sure.

If it wasn’t for me loosing fish all the time I would have limited out on trout and had 2 more reds lol but y’all know me.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        We are that’s for sure.

If it wasn’t for me loosing fish all the time I would have limited out on trout and had 2 more reds lol but y’all know me.
        LOL on loosing fish. Better than lookin at this messy water here. Prayin for a break in weather so I can get out. One thing about down south, can always find some nice water.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          LOL on loosing fish. Better than lookin at this messy water here. Prayin for a break in weather so I can get out. One thing about down south, can always find some nice water.

This is true.

The spot we fished today was more silty than yesterday. Maybe that was the difference. Wife is getting a nap then we’ll head back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Fished yesterday in east bay and caught a bunch of small ones and 2 17 inch trout. Water was off. Woke up this morning and wind was howling, went back to bed.
            Pretty much a mirror of how it went for us yesterday (in east bay). Lost one speck around 18"-20" & caught a 16.5" sand trout. The speck came off of a slick, so that was the first time pulling up to a slick and catching a game fish off of it like you're supposed to for me

Comment

We are that’s for sure.

I chortled!

Good times chris!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Decent bite in the LLM. BIL broke in his new Dargel.

Comment

Finished off another two man or man and lady limit this evening

Comment

Finished off another two man or man and lady limit this evening

Man I had to scan back, I thought for a min you were saying the limit now is 2-1/2 reds per person.

Sure glad you and the wife are getting enjoyment out of your boat purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Man I had to scan back, I thought for a min you were saying the limit now is 2-1/2 reds per person.

Sure glad you and the wife are getting enjoyment out of your boat purchase!
                      Yeah we are loving the boat for sure developed a fuel leak somewhere though loosing prime after it sits a while. Once running it’s fine though. Need to replace all the fuel lines and clamps.

Comment

What do yall make of the allstar classic saltwater rods? Looking to change from my ugly sticks.. would love to go falcon, but dont have the coin and can buy 2 allstars for price of 1 falcon..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          What do yall make of the allstar classic saltwater rods? Looking to change from my ugly sticks.. would love to go falcon, but dont have the coin and can buy 2 allstars for price of 1 falcon..

My son hunts the old Allstar shrimp tail specials on eBay etc regularly but I have no idea how they compare to the new classic stuff

Comment

I will take an Allstar classic any day, all day. I have 5 still in my collection. The ‘new’ Allstar rods are good but the old Original Allstar rods are hella good. Can’t go wrong for 49 dollar rods and can return them anytime to academy. Go to academy at the end of the fishing season and you can find them for 19.99-29.99. I bought 10 in one day for 113 bucks total? One was 7.49
                            My other go to is Falcon Coastal rods. They are a lil more pricey but are worth the money. All the fish I caught tis wkend was on my Falcon rods.

Comment

The current All Star Classics are not even close to the same as the originals. The current ones use reel seats that don't hold all reels well. Sometimes they wiggle a little and sometimes work loose easily. It's just an inexpensive Chinese import rod. They will catch fish but IMO they are nothing special at all. If you can catch them on sale they are not a bad deal and the blanks are actually pretty durable. I'm not saying you can't catch fish on them, you can for sure.

They are probably a step up in feel and fishability from the Ugly Sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                I will take an Allstar classic any day, all day. I have 5 still in my collection. The ‘new’ Allstar rods are good but the old Original Allstar rods are hella good. Can’t go wrong for 49 dollar rods and can return them anytime to academy. Go to academy at the end of the fishing season and you can find them for 19.99-29.99. I bought 10 in one day for 113 bucks total? One was 7.49
                                My other go to is Falcon Coastal rods. They are a lil more pricey but are worth the money. All the fish I caught tis wkend was on my Falcon rods.
                                Yea, i wish I would've found some of the older ones.
                                Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                The current All Star Classics are not even close to the same as the originals. The current ones use reel seats that don't hold all reels well. Sometimes they wiggle a little and sometimes work loose easily. It's just an inexpensive Chinese import rod. They will catch fish but IMO they are nothing special at all. If you can catch them on sale they are not a bad deal and the blanks are actually pretty durable. I'm not saying you can't catch fish on them, you can for sure.

They are probably a step up in feel and fishability from the Ugly Sticks.
                                Doesnt sound real promising.. dang..

Comment

Working...
                                X