2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    I am old, have 1000's of hours in the salt. I am not ghey as was accused. Never meant to ruffle but did with a goofy comment. I accept it was goofy. Apology. No ill intent. Just love my salt.
    Direct from TX P&W Bioligists not me:
    Minimize the time fish is out of the water (no longer than you can hold your breath.)
    Leave fish in the water if you can and use a tool to remove the hook.
    If possible, keep the fish from thrashing without using a net. If a net is required, use a rubber-mesh landing net instead of abrasive nylon.
    Avoid removing the slime/mucus layer, which protects fish from parasites and infections.
    Try to keep fish off the ground or floor of a boat.
    Use a wet rag or glove, or wet hands before handling fish.
    Turn fish on its back and cover its eyes to calm it.
    Don't put your fingers in the eyes or gills.
    Smaller fish (< 5 pounds) can be vertically held by the lower jaw, either by hand or with grippers. Hold larger fish horizontally and support with two hands.
    You can slide your hand under the gill plate and pick a fish up without getting your hand in the gills and without doing harm to the fish.

Comment

It was windy as all getout today boys. At about 9:30 this morning I had a buddy call me and wanted to know if I was really out fishing in that wind, it was blowing 27 sustained with gusts to 36. And it felt like it. I had two people on board today for a drift trip and they requested we not take any pictures so I don't have one to share but we limited on some solid trout. We had 10 fish from 18-22". It was a bit of a grind and rough enough that they had trouble keeping upright. But we got it done. Caught some on live shrimp and some on DOA shrimp under corks, and maybe one or two on a paddletail in chicken on a chain. Lots of undersized reds too but didn't catch any keepers today.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
        It was windy as all getout today boys. At about 9:30 this morning I had a buddy call me and wanted to know if I was really out fishing in that wind, it was blowing 27 sustained with gusts to 36. And it felt like it. I had two people on board today for a drift trip and they requested we not take any pictures so I don't have one to share but we limited on some solid trout. We had 10 fish from 18-22". It was a bit of a grind and rough enough that they had trouble keeping upright. But we got it done. Caught some on live shrimp and some on DOA shrimp under corks, and maybe one or two on a paddletail in chicken on a chain. Lots of undersized reds too but didn't catch any keepers today.

Awesome for those conditions!

Comment

Nice job Glenn. The wind hasn’t been no joke. I can’t even call my fishing a grind as that would imply I’m actually catching some. Lol

Comment

We gotta have a change soon. Course, calming winds will usher in summer's heat. So pick your poison.

Comment

I almost went today, they were calling for 17 from the SE.... by 9 I bet it was 25. Glad I skipped. Dang wind needs to chill!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I almost went today, they were calling for 17 from the SE.... by 9 I bet it was 25. Glad I skipped. Dang wind needs to chill!

If you go next week we might meet you coming from other direction [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  If you go next week we might meet you coming from other direction [emoji6]
                  I'll let you know.... bring an anchor

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I booked a return trip for Port Isabel again. I wish our water looked like that. I got a trip booked with Glenn coming up so I got a chance at catching something. Chandeleur trip in August, if the wind would just lay some it’s shaping up to be an eventful summer. Lol

Comment

We finally took the boat out and started catching an unreasonable amount of trout, lots of lightning in the distance so decided to run back. Pulled the boat out and cracked open a beer to watch the light show, good 20mph from the SE going. Sounded kind of like a train coming across the bay, told the wife oh boy lookout I think we're in trouble then about 60 secinds later the flag flipped straight the other way and a wall of WHOOOSH hit us in the face. Time to go inside lol.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This wind is nuts. Glad I’m not fighting it on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'll let you know.... bring an anchor

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I’ll bring 2, I got me one of fancy self releasing ones now too [emoji6]

Comment

It's still blowing. No doubt. Still catching fish though. We got 'em pretty good early on this morning and caught and released a bunch more, enough that my guys said they didn't want to reel in any more. Their arms were tired of cranking. We were back cleaning fish by 11am.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                              It's still blowing. No doubt. Still catching fish though. We got 'em pretty good early on this morning and caught and released a bunch more, enough that my guys said they didn't want to reel in any more. Their arms were tired of cranking. We were back cleaning fish by 11am.

You da Man Glenn! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                This wind is nuts. Glad I’m not fighting it on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                It just helps you cast farther.

Comment

Working...
                                X