2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Pops and I had 150 fish days there more than once. I ran 17 fish for 17 casts one morning. While its not the same now it still produces at the same spots for me
    My Dad said Rayburn used to be the same way. One time him and his buddies (I think it was three boats total) sat in one spot casting into a creek channel bend, and caught 100+. He said they were all dinks, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      I agree, it's a shell of what is was 20 years ago in my opinion. Yes I do Bass fish occasionally when the real fish aren't biting
      I might be doing the opposite at some point in the somewhat near future. I sent a private message to panhandlehunter last week and asked him a few questions about boats

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        For you guys that fish Matagorda, do you know anyone with a place on Caney Creek? For the last several years we have fished Rockport/ Aransas Pass but with two little ones around now i am looking to cut my drive in half. I need to get down there and go cruise the creek and time it from E Matty but was curious if anyone had any comments on the area? Seems like there are some deals to be had on some fixer upper projects on the water.

East Matty isn’t big. It’s an easy run from Sargent. I live a few minutes away and almost always launch there. Only bad thing I could think of is that there isn’t much there. There’s a dollar store and a couple mediocre restaurants, the beach is terrible and almost eroded away, so not much activities for the little ones, but that’s also what I like about Sargent.
        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 05-05-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
          For you guys that fish Matagorda, do you know anyone with a place on Caney Creek? For the last several years we have fished Rockport/ Aransas Pass but with two little ones around now i am looking to cut my drive in half. I need to get down there and go cruise the creek and time it from E Matty but was curious if anyone had any comments on the area? Seems like there are some deals to be had on some fixer upper projects on the water.
          I sent you a PM

Comment

Good topwater bite this morning before sun up. Fish are in tight with all the small hatch on the shorelines adjacent to drains with moving tides. The smaller topwaters have been the ticket with all the smaller bait. Better fish have come a little deeper in pods of mullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of birds working the WG. About 1 keeper out of 20 fish... ha!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                Good topwater bite this morning before sun up. Fish are in tight with all the small hatch on the shorelines adjacent to drains with moving tides. The smaller topwaters have been the ticket with all the smaller bait. Better fish have come a little deeper in pods of mullet.

Nice report! So what kindof
                Tops did you get ‘em with?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  East Matty isn’t big. It’s an easy run from Sargent. I live a few minutes away and almost always launch there. Only bad thing I could think of is that there isn’t much there. There’s a dollar store and a couple mediocre restaurants, the beach is terrible and almost eroded away, so not much activities for the little ones, but that’s also what I like about Sargent.
                  Yeah the beach isn't as good as Matagorda and you also pretty much lose the option of fishing West Matagorda Bay unless you trailer to Matagorda to launch.

Personally I would never chose Sargent over Matagorda but that is purely from the fishing aspect.

Comment

Going to Rockport/Fulton first week of June. Staying in our RV on Salt Lake. I've never fished down there.. We will be bringing our yaks. Any suggestions on places we might want to fish??

Thanks!
                    Attached Files
                    Lesto!!

Comment

Sargent vs Matagorda beaches, if you like to run lines for bull reds and sharks Sargent seems like the place to be.

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Looks like it might be a spook jr.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Super Spook Jr. Redfish pattern and Bone have been good the last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                          Going to Rockport/Fulton first week of June. Staying in our RV on Salt Lake. I've never fished down there.. We will be bringing our yaks. Any suggestions on places we might want to fish??
                          Thanks!
                          Lighthouse Lakes and Brown & Root flats for a start. I don't know all about that area but I have fished down at Aransas Pass by kayak and poling skiff a few times and had fun and caught fish. Pretty area to fish and easy to access but there will be lots of kayakers.

Comment

Thanks!
                            Behind the airport in copano, 5 min drive from you. Get.there early, it can get crowded. Go to the bridge between port a and aransas pass, lots of fishing off of there (take your yaks). If the wind is light (or out of the north for some crazy reason) put in at cavaso creek and hwy 35 and fish the refuge shorline of st charles. You can also put in at bobs boat ramp and go fish port bay in the back of copano, the are behind eesfish lodge produces a lot of fish.

Early in the morning throw a super spook called the okie shad, 4 feet and less of water. Other than that throw sof plastics...but start with the okie shad in the mornings.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
                              across the lake from you there is a protected back bay surrounded by houses. Rattlesnake point kayak launch is on the west side going toward red fish lodge. Before the storm we rented a house and that back bay was loaded with red fish on a high tide. Its a perfect yak spot. Or at least it was

Comment

This area?
                                Attached Files
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X