2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Having been an airboat owner, I can say that stretch of water is the kind that when you left off the go peddle of a fan boat, it comes to rest on the flo!

To be fair we were slightly distracted by the boat that was actually stuck and momentarily thought about trying to help the guys out. Then the motor on shanes boat started to hop. Im not sure what Brian did but I wrapped my arms around the burn bar and ol' Mexico showered down on that yammy

One of the better wades we had all day was right after that
    LOL! Glad you guys got out OK!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      That ain’t no lie. [emoji15] Think they’re still there? [emoji848] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I will admit they crossed my mind this morning. Could have been a long night, without beer

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Got the RFL in some airboat water did ya!
        I literally looked down and thought there is no way in hell we are going to make it through this. Like Q.B. said we were trying to figure out how a V-hule made it up there, I knew it was skinny.... then realized them boys were sitting dead in the middle of a 10 acre flat that was probably 3 inches deep.

Too late we were in the middle of it...I dropped the motor a tad and slammed it.... she tapped 2 or 3 times ... and some how she made it through. I'm still baffled.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Trying to get this work day finished so I can get the boat hooked up and head south with the kids for the weekend.

I'm really wishing I would have taken today off now. Man I'm ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Well I now know, 100 percent without a doubt how skinny a RFL will run ...

RFL'S run scary skinny and slide like a fat girl on skates Gotta love um! Save manny a man from being stuck I'm sure.

Comment

Y’all boys did better than me yesterday. I caught a trout and a red, and the red was on a popping cork that broke someone off. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                RFL'S run scary skinny and slide like a fat girl on skates Gotta love um! Save manny a man from being stuck I'm sure.
                Now that's funny right there..

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Y’all boys did better than me yesterday. I caught a trout and a red, and the red was on a popping cork that broke someone off. Lol
                  Sounds like my trip last week!

Comment

Anyone fished the Rockport area lately?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      Its about that time of year for me to make a run to S Louisiana. My brother made a scouting run today with his oldest boy. Trout were real finicky inside the marsh. Did not find the reds in the usual spots, but the big uglies and spare tire sized sheephead kept the lines tight all afternoon. Bull reds run is about to kick off

Woooow, cool!!
                      You're very lucky, dude!
                      Last edited by JamesChrist; 05-01-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Sharing a video from earlier this year, since I haven't been able to get down to the coast in WAY too long.

Rockport Redfish Catch and Cook

Last edited by goofiefoot; 05-01-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Picked up a few decent fish today on the top piece, flounder fell to a down south super model.

Comment

I was chunking this brand new Super Spook Jr. in redfish this morning. That 3.5 pounder just crushed it, she’s got the scars to show now.

Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 05-01-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              and there we were saying at 1 that you would be layed up on the couch after cleaning a limit.

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                              I was chunking this brand new Super Spook Jr. in redfish this morning. That 3.5 pounder just crushed it, she’s got the scars to show now.

Reds on top is good times

Comment

Wow!!!! Got the boat back up and perfect. Took it for a test run. Prop hub was bad, grinded on and cracked lower housing, and wrecked everything else.

Any of y'all know anybody in TX that parts out motors?

90 yamaha I need a new lower unit. But can't pay for a "new" lower unit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X