No announcement yet.

Low Fence Old Mexico Triple Beam Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadn't been on here in a while Shane. Just seeing this today! WOW!! what a beautiful buck!! Hardest thing you gotta figg'r out now is what pose to mount that magnificent deer in!! Congratulations sir on a deer that'll stand as a lifetime buck for sure!!

Comment

Can you share some of the basic measurements??
      width (and which beams were used)?
      Mass total?
      Beam lengths?
      Did you weigh him? He looks like a toad... We've been killin' some 250# bucks on our place in Webb county and I just cannot get over how big they are and the size of even the doe's heads! It's like a whole other sub-species of deer. Your's looks like he's got a head big as a mulie!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Gross NT score in the 180's easy

Comment

Wow congrats

Comment

Awesome deer, congratulations to you!

Comment

Great deer- not sure how I missed it.

Now for the pot stirring We would call that a double main beam buck Triple main beam for us would be 3 on one side. By this definition, every buck is basically a double main beam buck LOL
                As for scoring, the second main beam would be considered abnormal and scored as such. Spread would be based on the two more typical main beams. The mass measurement on the double main beam side would still be above the 2nd beam thus resulting in a normal mass measurement there vs a very large under that would be under the 2nd beam. As to whether the 2nd beam should be measured as another beam from the base, I'd probably lean to measuring from where it sprouts off the main beam as you would do with abnormal points any where else on the rack. That would result in a shorter measurement than doing the full beam length there. IMO
                And as I write this, I just remembered we were going to get together. Is that still something you have or did you move on from it? Sorry it totally slipped by mind after we postponed around the Astros playoff games

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  Great deer- not sure how I missed it.

Now for the pot stirring We would call that a double main beam buck Triple main beam for us would be 3 on one side. By this definition, every buck is basically a double main beam buck LOL
                  As for scoring, the second main beam would be considered abnormal and scored as such. Spread would be based on the two more typical main beams. The mass measurement on the double main beam side would still be above the 2nd beam thus resulting in a normal mass measurement there vs a very large under that would be under the 2nd beam. As to whether the 2nd beam should be measured as another beam from the base, I'd probably lean to measuring from where it sprouts off the main beam as you would do with abnormal points any where else on the rack. That would result in a shorter measurement than doing the full beam length there. IMO
                  And as I write this, I just remembered we were going to get together. Is that still something you have or did you move on from it? Sorry it totally slipped by mind after we postponed around the Astros playoff games
                  No I'm still good. let me know when you can meet up amigo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Ggreat deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Lol... sorry boys. Much debate on the score. I've had 2 official scores... one was 162 and the other 166 I'm not that worried about it... he's a unique deer of a lifetime... and another Angadi jacket to remember him by... Viva!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                      I bet if you lined up a thousand random 166 inch deer..... He would be in the top 3 favorites.

Comment

Man! Heckuva deer!

Comment

Awesome buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buck of a lifetime for sure. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                            X