• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great hunt!

Comment

Each and every one needs another year.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        The good news is at least they all look healthy.
        That was my thought. Over by Victoria and Goliad county there are at least that many doe at the fence looking at you to bring them corn and all skinny starving critters.

Comment

There are more deer in that picture than I have seen while hunting for the last 3 years combined!

Comment

Kinda looks like my back yard about 3 weeks back.

Didn’t have 50, but had 14 doe &8 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              There are more deer in that picture than I have seen while hunting for the last 3 years combined!

Man it’s actually pretty common here to have about 30 deer out at any of the blinds. They hear the feeder and come running. The place next to us got subdivided and the population just blew up. 20 yrs ago you were doing good to see 5 deer in a hunt.

Comment

Invite more people over to "take a doe" and it will improve your buck count and quality of bucks.

Comment

Looks familiar ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                    Wish I could but it’s an ar county with special limitations on antlerless.
                    You may want to consider signing up for MLD. Great way to get tags in the circumstance you mentioned, my good buddy is in the same situation and gets 10 doe tags for around 600 acres.

Comment

Dang I bet they clean that corn up before it even hits the ground

Comment

Have bow. Will travel

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                          You may want to consider signing up for MLD. Great way to get tags in the circumstance you mentioned, my good buddy is in the same situation and gets 10 doe tags for around 600 acres.

I’ve never looked into how many tags they would actually give me. But our property is only about 130ac so I doubt it would be enough to make it worth while. We’re allowed to take 2 doe but there’s limitations to when you can kill them. For adults you are limited to archery season only. This year they added 4 additional “doe days” through thanksgiving and it sounded like world war 3 around here. Youth get additional days during the youth only season where they are allowed to kill doe. I had several kids out this year for a doe hunt but at these numbers it hardly made a scratch in the surface. To really put a dent it needs to be done during bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                            I’ve never looked into how many tags they would actually give me. But our property is only about 130ac so I doubt it would be enough to make it worth while. We’re allowed to take 2 doe but there’s limitations to when you can kill them. For adults you are limited to archery season only. This year they added 4 additional “doe days” through thanksgiving and it sounded like world war 3 around here. Youth get additional days during the youth only season where they are allowed to kill doe. I had several kids out this year for a doe hunt but at these numbers it hardly made a scratch in the surface. To really put a dent it needs to be done during bow season.
                            Dang that's a ton of doe is that in Wilson county?

Comment

Yessir

Comment

You should invite some friends over for target practice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X