No announcement yet.

Vehicle detailing prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a few others have stated, a full detail is easily $100-300 depending on the level and amount of services provided. Obviously, the OP was referring to the basic service.

At least around our house, a base level wash at most hand wash places includes -
    - Wash
    - Vacuum
    - Dash/gauge wipe-down
    - Towel dry
    - Door jam cleaning
    - Tire shine

Some places actually do a "hand wash" while others have a drive thru wash with employees at the end to perform the other services. The hand wash places are around $30 depending on vehicle size; the drive thru places are about $5 cheaper.

So yes, I'd say $50 for a base level wash is on the high side even for a truck or larger SUV. Again, that's based on the services above. Tack on other add-ons like leather conditioner, spray-on wax, carpet cleaning, etc., you could easily get to $50. Most of these places have like 3 tiers of washes.

Comment

Had my wife’s Edge detailed yesterday, it looks brand new, well worth the $100 I spent.

Comment

Washing and wiping down isn’t detailing. My guy cleans air vents with a q-tip and my cup holders look never-used when he’s done. My engine compartment is cleaned. My hoses shine. My carpets are cleaned, not just vacuumed. Any stains are removed. My wheels are polished. Nobody “details” anything for $50. The key word is actually “detail”, as in paying attention to the little details. My guy charges $125, but I usually get 2 for $200 if he can do them together. He makes house calls. My old guy was $180 for my F350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

40.00 interior vacuum, clean, wipe with exterior wash and tire dressing. I do it about every 4 weeks
          4 door swb truck

Comment

$74.99 per month for unlimited wash, vacuum, wipe down exterior, wipe down interior, clean inside of all glass. Can take it every day if I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Washing and wiping down isn’t detailing. My guy cleans air vents with a q-tip and my cup holders look never-used when he’s done. My engine compartment is cleaned. My hoses shine. My carpets are cleaned, not just vacuumed. Any stains are removed. My wheels are polished. Nobody “details” anything for $50. The key word is actually “detail”, as in paying attention to the little details. My guy charges $125, but I usually get 2 for $200 if he can do them together. He makes house calls. My old guy was $180 for my F350.

Know if your guy will travel to SETX? Beaumont area. Mine is in need of a serious detailed cleaning and I just don't feel up to it.

Comment

Y'alls version of a detail,and my version are way different.I have never paid less than $150

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                  I use Mister Car Wash. they have an Unlimited plan for $60 a month. I can go as many times a month that I want/need. One day I went 5 times in a row. It’s worth it to me.

This is what I have they do a great job and I don't have to drop it off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

You had me at shining my hose [emoji23]. Merry Christmas

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Last time I had my truck cleaned, they cracked the dash and lost a rubber thing for one of the dash compartments. Time before they scratched the radio face. Not really a fan of those places.

Comment

Trucks are supposed to be dirty

Comment

Can you send me his info please.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I had a mobile guy that comes to me and does it for $100.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              Can you send me his info please.

Sent from my iPhone
                              I sent you a PM with his contact info. Wanted to make sure you got it.

Comment

I sent you a PM with his contact info. Wanted to make sure you got it.
                                Thanks bud I got it!

Comment

Working...
                                X