Best non-dog pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
    Red Ear Slider turtle. Best pet that we have. Caught him at the local neighborhood pond and he is awesome
    what do you feed him, and how do you take care of him?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      what do you feed him, and how do you take care of him?

He has a tank that we got from the pet store. We keep a few inches of water in there with some rocks for him to climb around on. He eats turtle food from the pet store. Two pellets a day. They change his water once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some pot belly pigs available

Comment

My vote is a parrot, I had a African grey. Very smart and playful. Beware though they can and do learn bad words and will say them as the worst times

Comment

Pet rock mine was aquired in 75 still going strong

Comment

My cousin had a ferret. If memory serves me well, the ferret got out and tore up the house. Ate holes in sheet rock and ****** and crapped everywhere.

My kiddos had a pet bird. A cockateal. The first bird took to my daughter great. Had a run in with a wall a Mac 2 and broke its neck Got new bird. Took to my wife. Wants nothing to do with the kiddo. I'm a close 2nd, but only when he wants to be fed.

My youngest got a pet rabbit. Wanted it to be inside. Lasted about a week before we bought a hutch. The rabbit like to be active at night and kept her up.

That's all I got.

Me, I'll stick with a K9 Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                My vote is a parrot, I had a African grey. Very smart and playful. Beware though they can and do learn bad words and will say them as the worst times

I second this. I miss our African Grey. They put off a lot of dust and pretty expensive. But great entertainment.

Comment

Mink, get a mink!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I inherited a ferret in college for about 6 months and I will admit, he was funny as ****. he and my cat played great together and would chase each other around the apartment and wrestle nonstop. anything he could drag (remotes, socks, underwear, cat toys, etc) would end up under my dresser or if it wouldn't fit he would sit there and try to pull it under till you took it away from him. he would also hump every small toy my cat had.

just get the ferret.

mine didn't stink any more than I dog that I can remember, maybe he had his glands removed or something...?
                    Ferret are about equal risk versus reward. If you are good with animals and train it well it should be an awesome pet.

It you don't train it well it will crap in every corner of your house. And do NOT leave out a huge bag of potting soil. It will take every bit out of the bag and spread it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Faintin goats! Entertainment value is off the charts

my wife said I'm not allowed to have these, for that reason.

Comment

Ok... So had some buddies growing up that had ferrets that were cool... They would play with you and snuggle

Comment

Never thought I’d say this cause never thought I’d allow a snake in the house but my son has a corn snake. Real easy and doesn’t smell....

Comment

Hedgehog

Comment

My 2 cents....if you feel it’s a fit for them, get a well bred hunting dog.

If you/them bird hunt, even a little, get a lab that’s was bred to do it. The memories made and responsibility learned will last forever.

If it’s deer hunting is y’alls thing then get tracking dog.

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                                My 2 cents....if you feel it’s a fit for them, get a well bred hunting dog.

If you/them bird hunt, even a little, get a lab that’s was bred to do it. The memories made and responsibility learned will last forever.

If it’s deer hunting is y’alls thing then get tracking dog.
                                This is what I'm thinking. We have a lacy and she'll track, retrieve doves and whatnot, and will bay pigs with the best of em.. but she hates water.

The boy and I are getting deep into waterfowling and been considered a good lab for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X