Help buying a tractor for hill country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
    It’s only getting up and down the rocky hillside that I think I’d need it. And wouldn’t it help with uprooting things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    that 4x4 sure the heck does make a difference for what you will be doing. I also would put a piranahabar on it. Maybe my favorite add on. Makes a huge difference.

Comment

That piranha bar looks like a good investment. Thanks for sharing that!

Back to looking into a 4x4

Comment

Check with varminthunter on here. He buys and refurbishes used heavy equipment. He may be able to help you find what you need.

Comment

The Parana bar or ratchet rake is the best money, hands down that I have spent on implements. I have it on Case485 2wd tractor. I have cleared a lot of brush with this. I bought the ratchet Rake version at tractor supply. I use it basically like a bull dozer. The one I got used 2" ratchet straps to secure to the bucket. I eventually changed it up and used chain to help secure it to the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            The Parana bar or ratchet rake is the best money, hands down that I have spent on implements. I have it on Case485 2wd tractor. I have cleared a lot of brush with this. I bought the ratchet Rake version at tractor supply. I use it basically like a bull dozer. The one I got used 2" ratchet straps to secure to the bucket. I eventually changed it up and used chain to help secure it to the bucket.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...t=ratchet+rake
            Best money you will ever spend on a tractor attachment is a HD Grapple hands down. If you have trees and brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
              Kubota m7060.
              I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                You sure they're tough? I broke the cast iron housing on mine.

I don't like using it on slopes much either. I've almost overturned it several times. Just letting the OP to pay attention since she said she has lots of hillsides.
                Fify.

OP, you are on the right track. Definitely stick with 4wd. I will never own another 2wd tractor.

Comment

Grapple attachment, you’ll be glad

Comment

Also if your worried a lot about the width flip the wheels around most all of them are made to be flipped around for a wider stance. Highway mower guys do it for same reason mowing slopes.

Comment

Mine is a 4wd, hydrostatic. With grapple and 3rd valve. The grapple and valve cost me 2k when I bought the tractor but has really been worth it.

Comment

Ok adding notes to my list of stuff to look for in the tractor. (I’m unfortunately at work)

Comment

Get a bobcat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            You will never regret having 4x4. You MAY regret not having it. I've had my 68HP Kubota for 14 years. It has never been to the shop.
                            This.

We had thoughts on 2x4. After having 4x4 I just dont see why you wouldn't. Not for mud etc but you get 100% out of a FEL with it. I dont see full performance with 2 wheel and FEL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                              Ok adding notes to my list of stuff to look for in the tractor. (I’m unfortunately at work)

There are several YouTube channels that have good info , to help you choose the right tractor you need.

AsktractorMike Is very good.

Messicks tractors. Another dealer that is very good explaining in detail the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                                Get a bobcat.

Once again, we are not getting a bobcat or skid steer. The ranch needs a tractor and I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this already.

Comment

Working...
                                X