Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
    Swarovski SLC 10x42

If budget wasn’t a question. Would you still pick the SLC over the EL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of 10x42 Vortex Fury HD's I picked up.

I liked them over the Leica's and while they are not Swarovski's, they are good and have a built in rangefinder, which I like/need for the style of hunting I do.

Ran me just over $1100, I think they retail around $1200/$1250.

Comment

i Just picked up a used set of Swaro SLC 10x42’s. They’re pretty great.

Comment

I’ll just reiterate something said earlier. If you have a $1,500 budget then you can pick up some great glass. There is no need to settle for Vortex, Leupold, etc when you can afford a much higher quality product. Don’t buy a basic mustang if you can afford a Ferrari.

Comment

I wanted a really good pair of binoculars. Ended up with the meopta meostar 10x50. For the money, they are hard to beat. I got a open box special through cameraland. Saved about $200. Side by side against the Swarovski, I can’t really see the difference, certainly not $800 worth.
            Another great pair of binoculars would be the Tract binoculars.

Comment

Very happy with my leica geovids. Got them for 1200 from eurooptic they were a demo. They have built in rangefinding. Friend of mine that has some Swarovskis looked through them and claimed to like mine better. But I like Swarovskis too just came across that good deal

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of Swaro 10x42 ELs that I would sell if you’re interested.

Comment

Best Swaro that fits your budget.

Comment

Swaro 10x42 SLC
                    No need for range finding binos as they are heavy. If you're going to hunt out west the SLCs would be awesome. Easy to carry and the low light transmission is hard to best.
                    As stated the customer service is hard to beat, they'll send you free eye cups if you lose one or switch out the glass if you have an issue.
                    You will be amazed and what you can pick out in heavy brush and right at dusk.

Comment

For what its worth on an elk hunt a few years ago my guide and I compared binos.

Swaro El's to Leica Ultravid both in 10x50's.

We both agreed the Leicas were clearer and sharper.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I will agree with this. Everything is compared to Swaro for a reason.

To get the bad azz glass in Zeiss you would have to go to the Victory line. Leica has horrible customer service and too slow in repair times.

Leica has reportedly really stepped up the CS in the last year or so from a few guys I’ve talked to. Never had to send anything to them though so can’t personally comment.

Comment

Leica Ultravids or Geovids for me depending if you want a rangefinder.

Comment

Got some Swarovski 10x42 EL Range for Christmas can’t wait to use them.

Comment

I have Liecas and like them but have heard horror stories about the CS. Swaro's would be my vote if you are set on spending that budget.

Comment

Ended up with the Leica Geovids. With the range finder included it made sense and they’re really high quality as far as I can tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X