Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see some more pics!! This trip looks amazing. We are headed out with Capt. Troy at the end of the month for a father/son group trip. First time to the Chandeleurs for all of us. My dad has wanted to go his whole adult life and my boys are super fired up. Doug and Charlie have already generously shared trip info with me but if you guys have any tips, pointers, things you wish you brought, etc. you can share I would greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Doug it was a great time and good to meet you and Chew. I told Chris on the way home we need to do a 3 day next time so we can spend some time messing around with the toothy critters. I can’t wait to see the pictures, I know you got some good ones.

Now you're talkin'!! I'm in!!

Believe me guys, it's not like THAT every time, but all you have to do is hit it once like that and you'll keep goin' back!! Place hooked me almost 40 years ago and don't have a clue how many trips I've made out there, but it's a bunch!
      Sure sounds like a great group!! Again, sure glad the fishin' gods all lined up for you!! Congratulations again!!
      Come on with the pics Doug!!

Comment

I think Doug tried to stick an SD card in a floppy disk drive and lost it. Come on Doug. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I know this much, if I go back which I intend on doing I was have several bags of Chicken on a chain and magic grass Down south lures and knocking tail lures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Don’t forget about this lure
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

[emoji24]

Comment

Looks like a great trip! I haven't been over there in many years, feeling an itch

Comment

I'd love to make this trip someday if there is ever room for one more.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

I might have some, but the catch rate compared the the DSL or Knocking tail isn’t even close.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                    Can't wait to see some more pics!! This trip looks amazing. We are headed out with Capt. Troy at the end of the month for a father/son group trip. First time to the Chandeleurs for all of us. My dad has wanted to go his whole adult life and my boys are super fired up. Doug and Charlie have already generously shared trip info with me but if you guys have any tips, pointers, things you wish you brought, etc. you can share I would greatly appreciate it!
                    Don't be scared to get out & try different areas if you aren't finding fish. Lots of great area out there & lots of it gets overlooked, because everyone runs to where they see a boat. Don't get carried away with all kinds of different lures etc. Apply what you use in your home waters & you will catch fish!

It's a magical place out there. You will get hooked by it.

Comment

Not sure if y’all are wading, but our group was the only group out there that got in the water. We had miles and miles of perfect wading all to ourselves. Drifting is effective too, but not my style. Topwater lure is a great choice if the floating grass isn’t bad, it wasn’t terrible for us, but bad enough you couldn’t fish a topwater effectively. When you could, the fish were all over it. Listen to Troy, he will point you in the right direction, he wants you to get them as bad as you do, and he stays pretty current on reports. He’s geared more towards drifting, but if you’re wading just head towards the grass and fish knee to waist deep. There will be fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        I think Doug tried to stick an SD card in a floppy disk drive and lost it. Come on Doug. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
                        You better be nice or I'm gonna post the pic of you Saturday night!

Julie is loading them on this new computer now. I was pretty good with pictures in the old days on my laptop and probably windows 1.0 lol. I'm just lost with this new stuff!

Comment

Guys if you have room for another next year and I’m anywhere close count me in. Looks like yall had it all. Nice Captain and quarters, fish, weather, and good people. Those trips are priceless.

Comment

if you guys have any tips, pointers, things you wish you brought, etc. you can share I would greatly appreciate it!
                            1. Don't be the last boat to come in during a rainstorm. You will get heckled.
                            2. Bring some dead shrimp if you want to catch pope and young hardheads off the stern of the boat.
                            3. Don't put a gargantuan in the back of the skiff if you wanna get up on plane.
                            4. Bring whatever lures you normally use and not a bunch of other stuff.
                            5. Don't be afraid to get in the water, the sharks were just ankle biters.
                            6. Ignore all of the above and just have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              1. Don't be the last boat to come in during a rainstorm. You will get heckled.

2. Bring some dead shrimp if you want to catch pope and young hardheads off the stern of the boat.

3. Don't put a gargantuan in the back of the skiff if you wanna get up on plane.

4. Bring whatever lures you normally use and not a bunch of other stuff.

5. Don't be afraid to get in the water, the sharks were just ankle biters.

6. Ignore all of the above and just have fun!
                              Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                                You better be nice or I'm gonna post the pic of you Saturday night!

Julie is loading them on this new computer now. I was pretty good with pictures in the old days on my laptop and probably windows 1.0 lol. I'm just lost with this new stuff!
                                The nude ones or something else? [emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                                X