No announcement yet.

Running shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorites are Asics Gel Nimbus. I'm on my fifth pair now. A lot of my buddies run in Hoka's so I gave them a try. I wasn't a fan but could see how the would work for others. I also tried a pair of Altra's. I really liked the wide toe box but I couldn't stand zero drop.

Comment

I like brooks and hoka one one for any longer runs and the zoot and new balance racing flats I have if it’s a shorter run

Really go to a good running store (not academy/dicks) and they can watch you walk/run and suggest a couple that will be best. Try those on and pick

My buddy loves ASICS and I hate em

Comment

Lately the arch on my left foot is really sore. Now I’m really wanting to get fitted and maybe make this running more enjoyable. I usually just push through the pain and focus on my strides and music

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
          Hoka Clifton 2's were the answer to my shin splints, but unfortunately they dont make them any more, the Clifton 4's fit different and Im back to square one looking for a new pair. Definitely go to a running shop and get checked out, don't just go to Academy or buy online.
          I got some clifton 5s a couple weeks ago and am loving them.
          May not be saying much as before I had a $25 pair of cheapos from Academy.
          A guy at work introduced me to the Hokas a few months ago and tried his on and was impressed. Have been waiting since then to find them on sale at leftlane sports and finally got them for less than $70.

Comment

I run 20-30 miles a week.. and i use ON brand shoes.. I think they're the best, don't buy they if you're trail running though, they pick up rocks the way the cushions are designed, but for asphalt, track, cement there's nothing better

Comment

I'm training for Cowtown and really liking my Mizunos. I definitely recommend trying several different types to see what feels best.

Comment

I went got fitted at fleet feet. Ended up with the saucony ride iso 2. A lot of inner arch support night and day difference. Way more comfortable run now

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  Lately the arch on my left foot is really sore. Now I’m really wanting to get fitted and maybe make this running more enjoyable. I usually just push through the pain and focus on my strides and music
                  Soreness is temporary. If it wasn't your arch, it would be your ankle. If it wasn't your ankle, it would be a knee. Just how running goes.

Serious. Right now mostly trails and pavement. We have a Idaho hunt planned for 2020 so I’m trying to hit it hard.
                  So we hunt Colorado every year, around 10k', plus or minus 2k on any given day. I ran hard (30-40 miles a week) preparing for our hunt two years ago. Didn't help. Last year, I quit running around April, and began climbing stairs with weight. I would do about 1000' three times a week. I found this wasn't entirely helpful either. What I found was the best training was running stairs, doing the 1000' three times a week with no weight as fast as possible. It built my endurance up such that I would suck wind at the top, but recover super fast.

It's a long way of saying, the running will help you drop weight, but finding something that really taxes your lungs is the key, which will develop a quick recovery when it comes time to draw that bow back on the side of the mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Soreness is temporary. If it wasn't your arch, it would be your ankle. If it wasn't your ankle, it would be a knee. Just how running goes.

So we hunt Colorado every year, around 10k', plus or minus 2k on any given day. I ran hard (30-40 miles a week) preparing for our hunt two years ago. Didn't help. Last year, I quit running around April, and began climbing stairs with weight. I would do about 1000' three times a week. I found this wasn't entirely helpful either. What I found was the best training was running stairs, doing the 1000' three times a week with no weight as fast as possible. It built my endurance up such that I would suck wind at the top, but recover super fast.

It's a long way of saying, the running will help you drop weight, but finding something that really taxes your lungs is the key, which will develop a quick recovery when it comes time to draw that bow back on the side of the mountain.

Solid advice thank you !

Comment

Brooks running shoes

Comment

Check out On Swiss Performance

Comment

I really like Nike Air Zoom Fly's for me, on road and crushed granite trails. For me, finding the right pair of shoes IS everything. When running, and each step hurts a little more than the last one, it sucks, and brutal. I will pay a large sum of money for great fitting running shoes, because its that important to me. I've done 3 marathons and will continue to long distance run, because I enjoy it. There are quite a bit of long distance runners and guys that do full triathalons on here, and I greatly value their opinions.

Comment

I have been using the Hoka shoes for the last couple of months and I am very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Figured I’d ask if there’s any runners here and what shoes they’re using. I’ve been running again over the past month and a half and am ready for some better shoes. I’m 5’11” 225 if that helps.
                              Hoka One One Gaviota 2s. I ran in minimalist Merrels (Vapor Gloves) for several years but it got to the point my lower back wouldn't take it anymore. Got myself fitted for orthotics and throw them into my Hokas. Now I'm back to running with no problems.

Comment

That’s one thing I noticed with my old adidas that running hurt. And lately it hasn’t. I’d like to try brooks and hoka but didn’t find a pair that felt right. So the Sauconys are doing well till I can try on more of the other. Fleet feet was out of a lot of those brands. I guess for a reason

Comment

Working...
                                X