Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crc View Post
    No it really isn’t

sure it is when the militia mentioned in this thread was actually formed to support local Law Enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      So what is the signal to pull out our guns attack DC? One if by day, two if by night?
      Get a grip fellas. The days that any "militia" could over throw a government of the size and complexity that ours has went by a century or more ago.
      I'm not saying resisting unconstitutional laws is not the right thing to do but how do you do it in a method that is effective and doesn't play into the plans of anarchists?
      Which one of you will be the first to sacrifice his career and family for inciting the rebellion?
      Which of you is willing to live without power, running (treated) water, modern medical assistance? Because that is what you will get when you take up arms against the government.

Gary
      This is tired argument that has no foundation in history, the present or future.

The vast majority of revolutions and insurrections in human history has been achieved by vastly out armed forces. Guerrilla warfare is extremely effective.

But you are right about your other point. Nobody wants to be the first to give all for liberty. But there will have to be a Boston Massacre.

We're not there yet but we're getting closer.

It starts with a fed up populace, which then leads to public outcry and demonstration. Then as the government tries to quell the crowd it invariably leads to violence like the Boston Massacre which in turns galvanizes the rebels and sparks the flame of war.

Comment

I’m not an anarchist or a Fudd. Just two very contradictory statements that cannot coincide with each other using a basic understanding of logic.

Comment

You can think what you want. I took the same oath. I still believe I am held to it. However when some small group takes a violent attack on officers serving a warrant, government officials or a military attachment, the members of the police and military groups will be told that they are the domestic threat and they will see it as so because the group is acting outside of laws created by an elected government not a king or dictator.

Gary
          I disagree. Where I live, if the military was dispatched to disarm folks, I believe they would remember that oath. By the way, even as an ex member of the military, I took an oath for life. Many others did as well.

Comment

So if it goes sideways and turns into the next civil war, how many of our former soldiers would join this resistance?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              It sounds like a big mess after reading it. If there are local laws passed that are in direct opposition to the Constitution then challenge those laws in court.
              This. Nothing else. Great post AC

Comment

I’m not an anarchist or a Fudd. Just two very contradictory statements that cannot coincide with each other using a basic understanding of logic.
                I understand......but not worse than beto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I understand the contradictory messages, but those people are well meaning, at least. By and large I believe all of the "CATI" flags/stickers are directed at the government, and as sentimental as the are literal....either way not intended to be directed at cops.

There is NO ****ing excuse for anyone who's not a complete and TOTAL moron...to have a beto sticker. There is nothing to be lost in translation there....those people are communists.
                  I’m not an expert, but I think police officers are government employees.

Please don’t interpret my post as anti-police. They have an extremely difficult job, that is nearly impossible to do. But you can’t say **** government on one hand and on the other say we support government enforcers. Makes you sound as looney as the Beto supporters.

PS I have no stickers on my vehicle, besides my registration, because I’m a grown man.

Comment

Having both a thin blue line sticker and a come and take it on your vehicle is worse than having a Beto sticker
                    I dont have any stickers, but I guess I am devoid of logic. I dont understand how these two contradict each other. A civilian police force enforces the laws we elect others to enact. ( supposedly in accordance with the Constitution ) I understand Come and Take It as defiance against the unlawful siezure of arms ( yes, I know the real story ( ies ) behind it ).

These go hand in hand. Sure, if the laws are unConstitutional and police enforce them, the Come and take it may be needed. But if that were the case, the Thin Blue Line has been *******ized and nullified.

Comment

I’m not an expert, but I think police officers are government employees.

Please don’t interpret my post as anti-police. They have an extremely difficult job, that is nearly impossible to do. But you can’t say **** government on one hand and on the other say we support government enforcers. Makes you sound as looney as the Beto supporters.

PS I have no stickers on my vehicle, besides my registration, because I’m a grown man.
                      And govt employees are OUR employees. We are ( supposed to be ) the govt.

I may misunderstand come and take it. I didnt realize it was an anti govt ( as a whole ) mantra. Thought it was anti gun control specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                        And just how big was that army as compared to the British?
                        big enough I reckon, we won.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          I dont have any stickers, but I guess I am devoid of logic. I dont understand how these two contradict each other. A civilian police force enforces the laws we elect others to enact. ( supposedly in accordance with the Constitution ) I understand Come and Take It as defiance against the unlawful siezure of arms ( yes, I know the real story ( ies ) behind it ).

These go hand in hand. Sure, if the laws are unConstitutional and police enforce them, the Come and take it may be needed. But if that were the case, the Thin Blue Line has been *******ized and nullified.

Comment

I've been in LE for almost 15 years and would he shocked if anyone I've met in the profession would knock on your door and ask for your guns.

One of my buddies is a cop through and through, the last boy scout, when Obama got elected I joked and asked him what he's gonna do when we come to get his guns? He smiled and said, "you just better hope you're at the back of the stack."

It's a shame you feel like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              I've been in LE for almost 15 years and would he shocked if anyone I've met in the profession would knock on your door and ask for your guns.

One of my buddies is a cop through and through, the last boy scout, when Obama got elected I joked and asked him what he's gonna do when we come to get his guns? He smiled and said, "you just better hope you're at the back of the stack."

It's a shame you feel like you do.
                              Yeah I’m a monster for pointing out the contradiction of the two.

Comment

Yeah I’m a monster for pointing out the contradiction of the two.
                                Did you read anything I typed besides the last line? I couldn't care less what stickers someone has on their bumper, I haven't met a cop in 15 years that won't stand next to you when the man comes knocking

Edit: that statement does not include anyone above the rank of sergeant. Then again, I said "cop."

Comment

Working...
                                X